gotta be WCTV

Originally posted by Raptor

Suprising number of people includes the people running the stores. Often when I've been browsing for games, I've seen kids pull games with 15/16 ratings off the shelves, take them to the counter, and buy them with no questions asked.

Best, Raptor

Just the other day I was in Toys R Us and some kid, i'd guess around ten tried to buy "Conkers Bad Fur Day". They wouldn't let him buy it until his parents came over. Granted, I don't think too many really check the ratings though. I think a good enforced rating system would be good. Then maybe they can stop blaming video games for anything that happens.

Yeah, a serious rating system would be no bad thing. But then I want one where the things rated "18" should be completely uncensored. Here in Germany even products rated 18 are censored very badly.

An enforced ratings system would be nice if a) the ratings were done competently and b) the stores actually bothered to base their sales on them. TRU won't sell Conker to kids because of all the press it's recieved -- but if you bought a WCIV Classic from them, also rated 'Mature', they wouldn't care.

Back