gotta be WCTV

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
If I'm not mistaken, the press release about Chris Roberts aquiring the rights for the first four WC games to make other fiction based on it mentioned that he could, besides make movies, option for a TV production.

On considering that one of the complaints about the movie was that it lacked the games indepth characterization, wouldn't a TV series (live action) perhaps of say the event in WC2 be a better medium in which to translate the WC universe?
With (you should wish) production values and budget of a similar size to that of a Star Trek episode (per episode) It has the potential to work!!

Your thoughts???!!!

-AD.

I'd settle for anything, even a cartoon but I want to know what you think about making a Live action series a success. Besides, I doubt you'ld get network support with a cartoon. And admit it, networks (or even specialty channels) are good for $$$bucks$$$ and for geting your program advertised.

-AD

I highly doubt you'd be able to get the money that would parallel that of the cost of Star Trek. Also, one would probably find more support for an animated series as a WC series has previously proven it can be successful. The only non-video game live action Wing Commander thing (the movie) wasn't particularly successful.

TC

A series like Space Above and Beyond cost more htan it was making, and done properly i imagine that a WC show would be liek that.

I realize a large budget is unrealistic. But It would be cool. Anyway, I'd imagine it would surpass anything on SAAB. Although I enjoyed that show, it was rather dark and depressing. It didn't have enough gloss for the mainstream audience. As I experienced among members of my family, Many people found it rather unpleasant. So with the right mix, maybe a WC tv series could surpass that in that yould balance cool action with characters you cared about as well as a interwoven plot that threaded through each episode that would hook you and pull you in on one hell of a ride.

-AD.

It would be great, but given the lack of interest by EA in WC at the moment, I seriously doubt it would happen.

Best, Raptor

Why don't they just Blue Screen everything like they did in WC3? :)

I was being sarcastic, BTW...Blue screening everything would look crappy...

Seriously, someone should write to the sci-fi channel and ask them about doing a Wing Commander show. Or at least a mini-series or something. They seem to like to pick up little things and usually make them do somewhat good. Perhaps seeing a bit of intrest in an established genre would spark some intrest somewhere in there. I would hold my breath, but it's worth a shot.

ST:TNG only ran $1 million at the end of the broadcast run...

Yeah, we could make a petition and write to the Sci-Fi channel...who knows? I'd write a prposel, if we got enough signatures...but I wouldn't make it a big point. WC's pretty much underground for the time being.

We could always make a fan movie, like "Troops"...

"Also, one would probably find more support for an animated series as a WC series has previously proven it can be successful."

Technically successful means it would have lasted more than one season. 13 episodes isn't that much. So I don't think it was all that successful. Though I still think they were quite awsome.

Back