false colors....

Quarto said:
Could be a nickname, but most likely it's one of the Forstchen Slipups (tm).
Yeah, we’ve certainly saw a lot of those.
smile.gif

EW: Kruger wasn't a politician. That might sound odd, I know, but it seems to me that he always acted like a military commander, rather than a president. If he tried to take part in real politics, he'd be eaten alive
biggrin.gif
Uh, but he was a politician, and it’s because of acting as a comander that I liked him so much. I don’t care if he’d be eaten alive, I can’t imagine anyone else keeping Landreich alive in the way Kruger did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quarto said:
Nearly? Damn...
Yeah, in FC. Mostly due to a certain Landreich politician and some Confed people from the PROJECT. But, he saved the Landreich from the cats again, and most likely established himself for few more years.

Ah, which brings me to another question.

Is Landreich a part of the Border Worlds now? I know it sounds like an odd question, but that little bit from the WCIV book - you know, the bit that served as the WCIV manual - anyway, it says that "the Border Worlds had refused to release the carriers acquired from Earth until long after the Kilrathi had began their assault." This to me seems to indicate that Landreich and BW are - by '73, anyway - one and the same.
What I want to know, is there anything else anywhere that would either support or disprove this?

Also, what do we know of the Border Worlds government? As in, structure-wise. You know, what the different positions are, do we know who's who, et cetera...

...LOAF?
smile.gif

Quarto said:
Is Landreich a part of the Border Worlds now? I know it sounds like an odd question, but that little bit from the WCIV book - you know, the bit that served as the WCIV manual - anyway, it says that "the Border Worlds had refused to release the carriers acquired from Earth until long after the Kilrathi had began their assault." This to me seems to indicate that Landreich and BW are - by '73, anyway - one and the same.
What I want to know, is there anything else anywhere that would either support or disprove this?
Nope, nothing. It is possible and very likely that they formed an alliance during the WC4 time, but if anything, I'd imagine that it would be the BW that joined the Landreich. Though according to the Prophecy official guide, Confed and BW are in prety good relations these days, meanwhile Landreich is a hell hole and a heaven for criminals, at least in Confeds eyes, and Kruger is wanted by Confederation.

Though technicly Landreich has always been a border world.
smile.gif

Also, what do we know of the Border Worlds government? As in, structure-wise. You know, what the different positions are, do we know who's who, et cetera...
Nothing. We know a little about their military strength from the game and novel, but things like government and such aren't really mentioned.

Hey! I'm here too!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited May 24, 2000).]

Nope, nothing. It is possible and very likely that they formed an alliance during the WC4 time, but if anything, I'd imagine that it would be the BW that joined the Landreich. Though according to the Prophecy official guide, Confed and BW are in prety good relations these days, meanwhile Landreich is a hell hole and a heaven for criminals, at least in Confeds eyes, and Kruger is wanted by Confederation.
Hmm, well, the way I see, BW would be a union (hmm... Union of Border Worlds... duh
smile.gif
) of several Landreich-like little thingies. So, it's possible, right?
I would imagine though, that Confed would have taken some pretty radical steps following the BW crisis to normalise relations. One such step would probably have been to give all those criminals an amnesty. Because, as you know, the Border Worlds were generally considered (by the senators, at least) to all be a bunch of crims. Not just Landreich
biggrin.gif

Nothing. We know a little about their military strength from the game and novel, but things like government and such aren't really mentioned.
Ah, excellent. That gives me a free hand
smile.gif

Hey! I'm here too!
smile.gif
Who said that?

Well, I'm no Earthworm*, but I have extensive training in this area...
smile.gif

The Border Worlds and the Landreich aren't one and the same for several reasons...

- The statement in the WCIV novel that the Border Worlds recieves supplies (fighters) from "Kruger's Landreich" at Orleans. This, IMHO, shows fairly conclusively that they're one and the same.
- Andrew Keith's intention to write a Confed versus Landreich war story that would take place after WCIV. Although Keith and Baen are now gone, the fact that the story was intended should be enough to show that someone had decided somewhere that they weren't the same place.
- The fact that FC gives a detailed description of the Landreich and its worlds (including exact numbers and many names) indicates that they aren't the same place
smile.gif

- The fact that the Intrepid is the flagship of the Border World's fleet, whereas the Landreich flagship is the far more powerful former Karga
smile.gif

- The UBW gives up their military -- Kruger would never, ever, ever allow this.

* I'm better!

Bandit LOAF said:
Well, I'm no Earthworm*, but I have extensive training in this area...
smile.gif
Everyone wants to be me…..
smile.gif

- The UBW gives up their military -- Kruger would never, ever, ever allow this.
Not according to the Prophecy official guide…. I don't have the exact quote, but ther's some info on how the two cooperate with each other, and exchange officers wich is how Willford and Hawk got to Confed.

* I'm better!
He he, you wish!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited May 25, 2000).]

Well, that answers one of my questions, LOAF, but you've just raised another one
smile.gif
. Like Earthworm, I'm also wondering what that "UBW giving up their military" is about, especially since the exchange program mentioned in the WCP guide seems to contradict that.

And of course, I'm still wondering if _you_ might know anything about the UBW government, or is it indeed totally undescribed?

Here's the exact quote form Wilford's bio:

"After the Black Lance affair, the Terran Confederation and the Border Worlds moved aggressively to re-cement their damaged relationship. One of the diplomatic tools employed was a compact increasing military exchange and cooperation between the two governments, including provision for the transfer of officers of all ranks between the militaries of each." And: under the terms of the Border Worlds military exchange program, he remains a rear admiral in the Border Worlds Naval Reserve" And the last piece: "... and has four children, the oldest of which will be entering the Confed Naval Academy (as a Border Worlds exchange cadet)...."

Back