false colors....

Death's Head said:
No, nothing so important as fictitious glorification of an otherwise dismal character based on the likes of Bear.

News flash Death's Head, ALL of Wing Commander is ficticious.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Well, I don't know about False Colours and End Run, but Fleet Action didn't seem all that fictitious to me. It seemed like Forstchen was hell-bent on writing an account of the Midway, but in space
smile.gif
. Hell, they even used the water-tower thing. Though why it was that they hadn't heard the Kilrathi name for Terra prior to that will forever evade my grasp
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I never understood the problem of Forstchen with politicians. They are all trash on his books.

------------------
"Hasta la victoria siempre."
-El Che

My dear Asterix, they are trash.
biggrin.gif

There have been a few exceptions, so your statement is false.

Maybe for you, white trash
wink.gif
Well, this dude is like an anarchist or something?

------------------
-El Che

[This message has been edited by Asterix (edited May 22, 2000).]

Asterix said:
I never understood the problem of Forstchen with politicians. They are all trash on his books.

Kal in the Lost Regiment series was noble(Okay, Mikhail and Bugarin were slugs...) and Andrew Harrison in 1945 was also a decent politician.

Quarto, as for the Midway similiarities, Forstchen is a professor of history, he's bound to put some of what he does best in his work.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

You are wrong there. For example my father is one
smile.gif

------------------
-El Che

Well, as a historian he should know when NOT to apply something. The whole Nak'tara thing made me laugh. We've been fighting them for thirty years, and we still don't know what they call our planet?
smile.gif

Oh, and there have been plenty of good politicians. Anybody who disagrees... probably lives in the US. Am I right, or am I right?
biggrin.gif

Well... if those are my only two options then I'll have to say that you're right (the second one... not the first one)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

And let me be the first to congratulate you on making the right choice!
smile.gif
You win a prize... no you don't.

Asterix said:
Not all of them…. Paladin’s cool, the vice president that takes over in FA is OK, and who could forget about Hans Kruger? He’s the best politician I’ve ever seen.
smile.gif

Yes, Hans...,Max' long lost brother
biggrin.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Hey, yeah, what is up with that?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited May 23, 2000).]

Yeah, but, knowing Forstchen's other works, it's probably just a goof. (ie. in the Lost Regiment books we have Jim Ferguson throughout book #1, but Chuck Ferguson through the rest of the series, and Hank Petracci in book #1, while his name is Jack Petracci throughout the rest of the series.) Just something interesting, that's all.

------------------

Could be a nickname, but most likely it's one of the Forstchen Slipups (tm).

EW: Kruger wasn't a politician. That might sound odd, I know, but it seems to me that he always acted like a military commander, rather than a president. If he tried to take part in real politics, he'd be eaten alive
biggrin.gif

Back