Did I blink?

I think Heavy is as high as they go... the ships just get more powerful over time. So I don't think there would *be* an officially labeled "Mega-Carrier".

Originally posted by Wedge009
No, I know how to extract them all at once, but I didn't know you could decompress them all at once.

Sorry, yeah if you just highlight all the files you want to decompress WCP Audio Tool will do them as a batch (but I would be careful of trying to decompress 4 or 5 TRE's worth of audio all at once, it locked my computer up)...

Well, I'm sorry but most people class the Midway-class carrier as a megacarrier. Even the CIC database classes it as a megacarrier. Click here to see for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's labeled as a MegaCarrier because it is a MegaCarrier.

Thats what some of us have been saying. But some others think that it is called a Heavy Carrier, not a Mega Carrier because aparently they don't exist???

Originally posted by Excalibur
Well, I'm sorry but most people class the Midway-class carrier as a megacarrier.
The ship database was made primarily by other members of the CIC staff, not LOAF.

The term 'mega' carrier is not official, it is only a catch phrase used in the media to grab the public's attention. The Midway construction line might be called the Megacarrier project by the senate and the public, but from a purely military classification point of view, the Midway is just a heavy type of a carrier. Hence it is classed as a heavy carrier.

You need to learn that when it comes to the technical aspects of WC and other bits of trivia, LOAF is the authority, and is seldom proved wrong, if ever. And no, I'm not 'sucking up' as some might say, just stating the facts.

Originally posted by Wedge009
The term 'mega' carrier is not official, it is only a catch phrase used in the media to grab the public's attention.... but from a purely military classification point of view, the Midway is just a heavy type of a carrier.

Just being inquisitive here, since I'm not quite as knowledgeable about WC as a lot of other people but in the Waypoint! (the official newsletter of the pilots and flight crews of the Midway):

"We are all honored to serve on the maiden cruise of the first Confed megacarrier!...Within five years, all 10 Midway-class
megacarriers will be in space and fully operational." -Capt. Daniel Wilford, TCS Midway, Commanding

My point being wouldn't the Captain use the military classification of his ship and not a catch phrase?

Back