Did I blink?

Soma

Spaceman
I just got done listening to all the files from Prophecy (whew!) and I ran across a dialog I've never heard, maybe somebody can clue me in... The file names are 05000018.xa to 23.xa, here's the transcription:

Stiletto- Just stay cloaked until we figure out if they're friendly.
Maestro-Umm, they're shooting at me. I guess they're not friendly.
Stiletto- Activate your cloaking device, Maestro.
Maestro-I am using my cloaking device, thank you very much. It must be broken.
Stiletto- Hey, what? They're shooting at me too.
Stiletto- Watch it kids, they can see through our cloaking somehow.

I assume it was a mission that was left out but does anyone know what was supposed to be going on there? Also, I noticed a goof in file 05010058.xa. I believe it's a refueling ship, and it calls you "Lt. Tracy".

are you sure he says "Lt. Tracy"? I mean, some of those refueling ships have some fuzzy transmissions.

That's from what was going to be an early mission in the game. It would have explained why cloak wasn't really used in WCP, it wasn't effective against the bugs. The mission was not, however, included, in the final release of Prophecy.

The mission wasn't cut - it was going to be in the first mission. The whole cloaking thing was just cut from the first mission.

Yeah but with those sound files we could pull off the cutscene ourselves with Killerwaves near complete cloaking for WCP :) Ofcourse that would mean rewriting the mission entirley or getting one of these decompilers to work perfectly.

Would that have also required that the Piranha be able to cloak throughout the game?

It also implies that cloaking was part of the game engine at one point... or at least on its way to being part of it...

The sound files you speak of, Soma, were already posted as WAV files sometime back. They're sitting on my computer's desktop as a matter of fact.

Thanx guys, I knew you'd come to my rescue :p

Originally posted by LeHah
The sound files...were already posted as WAV files sometime back

Yeah, I figured I had missed the train on that one...

Doesn't matter, you beat me to something I planned to do for a while, but never had the time to do it.

Originally posted by Saturnyne
Would that have also required that the Piranha be able to cloak throughout the game?

It also implies that cloaking was part of the game engine at one point... or at least on its way to being part of it...

Well... realistically one doesn't need to actually cloak... We know confed has the technology to see through cloak... and the bugs do... so realistically you could just say "I'm cloaking now... Oh god, they're shooting at me" and that would be enough.

TC

TC while confed may have the ability to make cloaking ships visable to the naked eye AFAIK you still cannot detect em on your radar

I'm quite sure Confed is now capable of detecting cloaked ships with radar. If not, then the Nephilim being able to is sufficient.

Confed R&D will develop a better cloak when the game designers feel it's necessary.

To be honest, I never found the cloak to be that useful. I only used it when I had to in WC3. I found it quite clumsy in the Orestes comm station mission in WC4, and I don't think it's very useful against Black Lance Dragons. (It sounds a bit silly saying Black Lance Lances, don't you think? :))

Yes... many... many decoys... so... many decoys...

I'm gonna go uh... huddle in the corner in the fetal position for a while...

so... many.... missiles... decoys... aaaaAAAHhhhh....

Originally posted by Wedge009
Confed R&D will develop a better cloak when the game designers feel it's necessary.

To be honest, I never found the cloak to be that useful. I only used it when I had to in WC3. I found it quite clumsy in the Orestes comm station mission in WC4, and I don't think it's very useful against Black Lance Dragons. (It sounds a bit silly saying Black Lance Lances, don't you think? :))

don't for get if ea lests them.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Saturnyne
Yes... many... many decoys... so... many decoys...

I'm gonna go uh... huddle in the corner in the fetal position for a while...

so... many.... missiles... decoys... aaaaAAAHhhhh....

I think that its time that i called the nice people dressed in white again............

Back