Callsign?

Mack Chistiansen is the name on the P manual.(the Privateer grandfather name)
Origin just had a idea of giving a name to the Privateer, but they drop it and let us chose a name.

Originally posted by Wedge009
And Phoenix, how did you get that rank? Forgive me if you are, but I don't recall you being involved in the CIC staff.
I did all the original graphics for the CIC, including the main header, on which all the section headers are based. The original layout of the CIC was also mine, and the new layout is based off of one of my ideas I gave LOAF, Chris, and KrisV when they were considering a redesign.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Hmm, professor... are you trying to imply above average intellect on your part? :)
It belies my History degree (among others) and knowledge of military aviation, since many of my posts are based in those subjects. As for the latter, at least, I don't feel that I'm IMPLYING above average intelligence.... :)

I always used "Keen" as callsign, a tribute to one of the best plat-form/action game series ever: Commander Keen!
Yes, you are allowed to call me "old school" but not to make fun of me... :D LOL

I use the callsign Phantom because that is what I am like when I fly. No one can hurt me, well ok hurt me, but not kill me. I destroyed the last starbase in the original Wing Commander in a Rapier that was shot to pieces and had ONLY one laser gun left on it. I had to send my wingman away when the Jalthi shot the heck out of him, so I finished off the Jalthi (barely surviving) and destroyed the untouched station with one laser canon. That is an example of my callsign.

Yeah, I had missions like that... only one Neutron gun left in a Raptor LOL... beats the odds, but I managed to survive and finish the mission...

If it had been in real life (like nowadays in F-15 or something), the guy with only one chaingun left and no missiles, could only make it back to base at the very last!!

Commander Keen is an *excellent* game... I hope the rumors that they're doing a new one are true. :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Commander Keen is an *excellent* game... I hope the rumors that they're doing a new one are true. :)

LOL! You too Baron huh? :D

Ach, for the rumors about the NEW game, where have you heard them?

Anyways, I hope it won't become some 3D sh** like what happened to Prince of Persia, Mario or Zelda...
Hell! I like 2D platform a lot better (but I still have to admit Gex the Gecko is an amazing an funny 3D game...)

Just something posted at BluesNews from somebody's .plan that we could expect to hear more from Commander Keen in the future... nothing since then, IIRC (I haven't been following such things lately, though).

Anyway, yeah, I'd love to see it be a sidescroller -- I grew up with the original Keens, and still play them constantly.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

I grew up with the original Keens, and still play them constantly.

Really? What's your favourite (if that's not drifting off too much from the original thread LOL)?
Mine is The Secret of the Oracle, it was the first I played.
Lately I have even been able to downlo... ehm BUY all the full series (including Keen2000, made by a fan!!) from a sit.. er an online store site :D

Pretty cool huh?

Secret of the Oracle is probably my all-time favorite... although the first trilogy (I started with Keen 1) has a special place in my heart. 5 and 6 were okay, but not particularly great. Keen Dreams is just terrifying (although I have some great memories of playing it:)).

Heh... I liked Secret of the Oracle... it was the only one I played. :p

Speaking of old games... I personally enjoyed, and continue to enjoy, Maniac Mansion.

Originally posted by Saturnyne
Heh... I liked Secret of the Oracle... it was the only one I played...

So you only played Secret of the Oracle huh?

A piece of advice Saturnyne: you might want to check the email from your website... ;);)

Does paddle war count ;) ? Back in the day my fav was "aliens ate my babysitter" , but it's "Secret of the Oracle" now , partialy because it's more gamepad friendly.

LOL!!!! Paddle war!!

I can't believe me and my friend back in France used to do tournaments on that thing!!

Oh boy :eek:, I just realised I had a very miserable life back then... LOL

Heh... thanks for the links. I'll be sure to check them out once I have time. But how could I not, at 1:38AM? heh...

Nickname:

e.g.
Christopfer "Gimme some cats/bugs* and i'll shoot 'm down for ya" Blair

* erase what's irrelivant

Heh I remember playing all those old 2D games..stell do sometimes..keen,the origonal duke nukems and thoses old space shooters like major stryker. Man the games have changed alot.

Back