Callsign?

kyee

Spaceman
Whenever you are playing a space sim like freespace 2 or wing commander 3-5, what callsign do you pick? I always choose "Tiger".

<Sigh> Not another one of these threads. Most people choose the callsign that they're using here.

yep

------------------
The time is near.
There are 341 days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

I'm Earthworm in Prophecy and SO, but in all games where I play as Blair I use Maveric.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

The Kilrathi look back in fear when they hear the name Nighthawk
smile.gif

I don't care what the bugs do. They don't seem to live long enough to show some reaction to my callsign.
smile.gif

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Last edited by a moderator:
If the game features Blair as the main character: Maverick!

If it's Casey: IceBoy (a play on his dad's callsign of Iceman, of course).

------------------
If i'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Casey doesen't have an official callsing yet.
smile.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Last edited by a moderator:
Different. I often use different callsigns, because I have 2 or more Identities in a game,which I can choose if I want.
Sometimes even Manjana or another one is Dark Shadow, or even Hell's Angel (this has nothing to do with the rocker group, which is so called). But it can even be fantasy names like Lone Star. But my friends in the club call me by my airplane-name which I had to use for my visual flight speech-license (which I make next month)... It is officially D-EFID, but they call me DID ("Delta-India-Delta" in spoken form).

I use RF in all the sims I have. Even RF in 3D shooter games.

RFBurns

"Dont trash me man!" [merchant, Privateer/RF]

My callsign is Bandit, my nickname is LOAF. That said, I play the Blair games as Maverick and Prophecy as Frosty. I'm Bandit in anything else...

(There's a THRILLHOUSE joke just waiting to be made in this thread, though).

Well, as Blair - Maverick, as Casey - Iceman, as in-a-game-that-we-dont-have-fiction-on-it-(like-privateer) - Renegade.
that cames from "Renegade-the battle of jacob star" game.
That name was taken here so I am dragon here.

Simple enough...Phoenix.

My username here somes from the fact that I was using Phoneix way back in the days of WCI, when the Internet as we know it didn't really exist. Beginning with the earliest days of the online WC community, though, I was using Phoenix regularly before anyone else that I know of.

Unfortunately, I'm not always the first to try to register with it on chat boards. :(

Ive been ReDWoLF or SHaDoWoLF....ReDWoLF even on SubSpace, although I lost the password 4 years ago :~(

I believe using Maverick is well, a little ho hum...it lacks creativity. I used ReDWoLF in WC1 and I'm not going to let some two bit game designer tell me my callsign is 'Maverick'

If we'd allow that, Vaquero should've been called...um...Goose :/

Hi,

For flight sims, I always picked Panther as my call-sign.

When WC4 came along, I switched to Thunder or Cowboy depending on whether I was flying Jets/Star fighters or WW2 piston jobs.

For FPS`s, it has always been StormShadow.

Cheers

Before 1997, I used "Viper" and "Hollywood" for Wing Commander (I actually considered using "Maverick," but thought it too obvious). Since '97, I've used "Iceberg," both as a play on my surname (Berger) and on Casey's identity as Iceman's son (a chip off the old glacier).

I used Psychopath before WC III. Starting with WC III, I used Maverick, but went back to Psychopath in prophecy.

Well, I used Maverick at first. This was when WC1 came out, so I didn't have a clue that the actual callsign would later be Maverick. I always thought that it was interesting that I chose Maverick, and it turned out to be the game designer's idea too. I am Maverick in any kind of game or anytime when you chose a callsign. Most people would say Maverick is unoriginal, but I used it before anyone else really did.

Back