Boomboom

I tried the "inside" thing in an Excal a couple of times... didnt work to well. Might have been a problem with my computer (WC3 never ran right) but shooting something from inside meant drilling through the armor, then taking out the shields, THEN the thing exploded.

Metras said:
Let me put it this way, the Arrow is a long-range fighter, so it is best for reconnaisance. Everyone (even present day), designs their long-range recon fighters; as basically flying Fuel Tanks!

You think a flying fuel tank can hold proper weaoponry to take out a Dreadnought class Capital Ship?!?

The only good thing about an Arrow in a fleet is that it can act as the Vanguard

Actually, most designers design their ships for fighting, hence the name reconnaisance fighters. Every long range fighter I've seen has used external tanks that can be dropped should they need to get away in a hurry. Also, with technology the way it is, I'd imagine fuel economy will be a little better 600 years from now. Last time I checked, I never had a low fuel light flash on me when playing WC. (with the exception of running out of AB fuel)

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

[This message has been edited by Knight (edited June 06, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if you take a look at your WC1 manual, you will find that originally, ships were supposed to only be able to go at 50kps once they run out of the (incorrectly called) AB fuel. But, the designers probably decided that that would be a bit tough. A pity, actually. Would've made things interesting.

Earthworm said:
Ships like carriers and dreadnoughts are quite easy to destroy in an Arrow, because you can fly inside where there are no shields.
smile.gif
And I can assure everyone that Arrows guns recharge quickly enough to keep up with the recharge rate of shields on destroyers and cruisers. Just last week I droped some heavy destroyers on the nightmare level, in the Arrow.
smile.gif

Hehehee... Especially since the turrets will STILL TRY TO FIRE AT YOU... Which means they're doing structural damage too.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back