Are we a dying breed?

well that would make my fight to earth a little boring.
Sether is a idiot that thinks that because he is "genetical" superior (I like to put that for the test by puting his head inside a gen-select barrel)he can kill all that are inferior to him. well funny thing, I kill him, nothing like a one on one in space to prove that. but he destracted us from Tolwin the real bad guy, I has not especting to see him on the Black Lance Base.
besides someone have to run the black lance.

The genselect device won't work on Seether since Tolwyn wanted to use it to make everyone like him (the survivors). Finally Tolwyn was running the BL, not Seether and if you were surprised to see Tolwyn on the station, then that's just an indication of how effective WC4's storytelling is.

well if I put in there his head for 30 minutes in there and he was still brething...
the commander of the black lance was sether, Tolwin had put him in charge there but Tolwin was still runing the show.

No, but if he suvive then he was superior.

Besides he was just a show off, that trick with the mine(I tried that,didnt work) I just selected full guns, activate all missiles, slide in position and BANG there goes his shields and front armor, I even disable his craft once just for the fun of it, like to blow up space station without figther cover sether, take THAT.
P.S. and I stayed on the lexington a few times, on the mission that he is my wingman, I took all the kills, well actualy once, only once, he complemented me for fly flying skills...That was a suprise.

Yep.

It's quite surprising indeed when Seether compliments you as your wingman-- he just says, "Not bad, Colonel." I would've thought he'd give smart-aleck comments like Maniac ("Pretty good shooting... for a dinosaur!" or things like that). I wasn't very surprised when I saw Seether at the Black Lance HQ... but seeing Tolwyn came as a HUGE shock, even though I'd had suspicions about him from the time he was brought into the Intrepid's brig. Masterful storytelling there, and great acting on Malcolm McDowell's part. Let's give him a round of applause.

I always thought of Seether as a bit crazy. It's like the genetic engineering like messed with his head of something. He like reminds me of one of those bad guys from a comic book who're always like really hard to kill but insane at the same time. I mean, if you can't even think properly, how hard could it possibly be to kill the guy?

I liked Tolwyn a lot better, he actually thought stuff out before he did anything and was always in control of himself until like that last scene of Wing Commander 4. I mean sure, his plan to use those bioweapons wasn't right, but there was still like a logic behind the way it worked.

Dragon: If Seether can survive being dunked in a canister for 30 minutes that just proves he's good at holding his breath.

Ronin Fox: I would imagine that Seether's enough of a professional to be respectful, when he sees masterful flying. Remember Blair's comments, when he and Maniac are travelling to Confed HQ - "That wasn't hot dogging Maniac. That was the move of a true master." Not "That son of a bitch! He waxed that station on my watch. MY WATCH! I'm gonna get blamed for this - Tolwyn'll have my ass for sure for this one! ;)

Cricket: Seether wasn't insane - he was just overwhelmingly arrogant. And for someone, who thinks he's perfect that's not surprising.
There was logic in the way Hitler thinked, but I don't think anyone would see it as a justification for what he did.

I'm sure those nanobots could enter through the pores of your skin quite easily.

As for WC novels, Ronin, I don't think they even exist in Australia. Others will say to get 'em on eBay or whatever, but I don't have/want a credit card, nor do I trust net shopping yet. Q, how'd you get your novels, blind luck? And I don't think Starlight's seen any novels either, correct?

ITTS

When you play enough, you forget ITTS. Practice with the stormfire and other special guns in WC4, and you'll do fine. You've just got to imagine where the daimont is, and if you hit your target then you're a serieus hitter.

Wedge: There are ways... in my case, it was arrangements with 'Hatter and Shane. Though of course, if you've got a credit card (which I don't), you can just order through the internet.

Tolwyn though was actually killing people based on how good their genes were, not because they were a different race or anything. Like killing everyone with cancer would actually get rid of that disease. So it would kinda make sense to do it, even though it's not right.

Killing everyone with cancer wouldn't get rid of it... You might have people with less risk of cancer, but people would still get it.

TC

Like what TC said, just another reference and fact, if you killed everyone with a cold, you would kill 99% of the population, because there's almost as many variations of the cold virus as there is humans :) Sad ain't it :) The Indians of the Americas knew of no disease before the Europeans came to conquer. That reminds me of another version of Genocide, the Cortez battle with the Aztecs (or it could have been Pizzarro with teh Incas, not for sure, but anyway), Once they came to the Americas, and brought their diseases with them, the diseases wiped out so many of the Aztecs (Incas) that it cut the fighting effort required in half. Kinda a natural verison of what Tolwyn was going for, except for the wrong side. The side that needed the numbers was down to their healtist, and the side that had their numbers over took them.

[Edited by Knight on 01-14-2001 at 23:28]

true, and that biostuff can be progamed to go after anything on our gene poll, being blond, fat, poor eyesight, a male...
A nighmare.

Knight: You are wrong the American Indians did have diseases, just not the same ones that the europeans had. as such they did know disease.
For all you gen select people, just as a thought wouldn't it be fun to adapt the gen select to target the Nephilim? Or to have it only target Maniac, just a thought.

Knight: The Europeans may brought certain types of diseases to the Americas, but I faintly recall hearing that they took syphilis back with them.

Napoleon: The Confed 'Great' Assembly banned the use of biological weapons. As for Maniac, he can be a real ass at times, but I don't think that justifies making a biological weapon to wipe him out. His overconfidence will bring him down eventually...

maniac

Well if the nanobots are female there arent going to be near him.
As for the Bugs, well those things are flying bioships I dont think that even a Genselect would even work on them, besides bioweapons are forbiten by the assembly(with good reason)

I meant if you killed everyone with cancer genes, you would eliminate the disease. I mean, if the gene doesn't exist anymore, the disease dies too, right?

And colds aren't genetic or serious, so killing people who have it wouldn't make much sense.

But cancer isn't necissarily hereditary, though it can be. It can be caused in healthy cells by forms of radiation (this includes common forms like UV from sunlight)

TC

Back