Any New Plans For WC Games?

and so far mods in fps' are usually multiplayer things.
Apparently he hasn't played Operation Flashpoint... the majority of mods for that game are single/multi hybrids... but that's probably just the versatility of the engine.

Even with the player cap, there's still a lot of possibilities. Perhaps more in spinoffs along the lines of Half-Life than in mods like CS.

Doom III is going to be a very intense but very short game. Even so, it'll still be relevent three years down the road because of the spinoffs and mods that are practically a tradition as far as id games go these days.

I'm only worried that my computer might not be able to handle it, but I'll have to wait and see.

Originally posted by junior
And to be frank, it takes a more than mindless slaughter to make a good FPS anymore.

I guess you've not played any of the Serious Sam series of games, huh?

Originally posted by t.c.cgi
I guess you've not played any of the Serious Sam series of games, huh?

No, but from what I've heard, you do have a point.
I guess the best way to illustrate how horribly bad a game can go would be to point to the difference between AvP 2 and its add-on. I've played the former, and its a great game. While I haven't played the latter, all I've heard about it is how bad it is, both in single and in multi-play.

Haven't they already made Doom 3?...and as for wing commander TV show, anyone know if it's based more on the games or the movies?

Originally posted by Concordia_FP
Haven't they already made Doom 3?...and as for wing commander TV show, anyone know if it's based more on the games or the movies?

Doom 3 is in production. There were various and sundry Doom games made using the Doom 1 and 2 engines that didn't have numeric designations, but the 'official' Doom 3 hasn't been released yet. There are a number of screenshots and other information on the web if you care to look.
And as for the TV show, anyone around here who knows more than the most basic information about the show (i.e. time period, cast, etc...) isn't talking.

Originally posted by junior

And as for the TV show, anyone around here who knows more than the most basic information about the show (i.e. time period, cast, etc...) isn't talking.

Time period? Cast? Does anybody know those even? If anybody does, then please post it for us to hear!

Back