An announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who aren't aware, TC's been unable to access either the CIC or the Chat Zone for a while. Therefore, I will relay his remarks about this thread.

[00:24] <WildWeasel> http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5114
[00:25] <WildWeasel> this has evolved into something rather pointless and non-productive
[00:25] <TC^> my route to the CIC's still dead
[00:25] <WildWeasel> oh, no wonder you haven't raped Dom's corpse yet
[00:26] <WildWeasel> here, just threaten to kill them all and I'll paste it in a post
[00:26] <WildWeasel> it's funny...Manic basically just accused me of having low self-esteem because I smacked Dom for being stupid
[00:27] <TC^> I'LL KILL YOU ALL!
[00:27] <WildWeasel> thanks

I'd take that as a warning.

Originally posted by WildWeasel

The smacking isn't some sort of game. It's supposed to be a hint.
Hint for what? That you're being bothered by what you call "being stupid", when obviously Dom and the others are just having fun? You nearly scared vax away with your comments. It seems you have a problem letting others enjoy what you're not capable of enjoying yourself. Just leave them alone for a while, for Christ's sakes!

Jerks are everywhere

Originally posted by mpanty

Hint for what? That you're being bothered by what you call "being stupid", when obviously Dom and the others are just having fun? You nearly scared vax away with your comments. It seems you have a problem letting others enjoy what you're not capable of enjoying yourself. Just leave them alone for a while, for Christ's sakes!

I completely agree. As far as I can tell, some people are getting swabbied because they're acting silly or annoying too often— that's the administrator's perogitive. But after Wildweasel said

Originally posted by wildweasel
It was mean. That was the intention.

I realised that some people here just want to be mean all the time. This doesn't seem to bother certain administrators, due to a simple fact of life:
A**holes are everywhere. Even at the CIC CZ. There are too many to ban them all, to many to take on each one individually. In fact, they aren't even worth taking on in the first place.

And wildweasel is just such a person— no need to analyse it, no need to say he has a low self esteem, because that won't due anything. He really couldn't care what anyone else has to say. He'll continue to be a jerk as long as it gives him pleasure. Which is to say, as far as I can tell, indefinetly. It makes me sad, of course— there are some really cool WC fans here, and I really value what many people on the board have to say.

I'd hardly say that I take pleasure in it. I enjoy a good debate or an argument, but that doesn't apply to flame wars. This is as annoying for me as it is for you.

mpanty, you've been here for over a year. You should know that I have a sense of humor. Just because it's dry and sarcastic and not always apparent doesn't mean that it isn't there. As my friends can tell you, I joke around as much as the next person. However (and I hate to have to pick on Dom again), seeing the same array of number-infested, over-enthusiastic comments every time I come here quickly dissolves my sense of humor. It was funny at first, it can be funny every now and then, but not in every other post.

Can you honestly say that seeing M@N1@C R0X0RZ J00 50X0RZ!!! over and over doesn't get annoying after a while (if not at first)?

Look, this is not a "personality conflict," or a "flame war."

It's just two people discussing things on a board. I was getting out of hand and Weasel reminded me in his idiom. That was it! I know I go a bit too far and that my "Elite Speek," is old and overused. In fact, scarily, the people here at the CZ aren't the only people to complain about my enthusiam for "Elite Speek." :eek:

Remember what I said earlier, folks:

Originally posted by Col.Dom
The trick is to take everyone's personality with a grain of salt. I know it must be torture for WildWeasel (and a few others) for me to be running around on the CZ. Just as long as you keep things within CZ rules, everybody is happy

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back