Alpha Test Game 5

Whoa, high time for me to comment on at least two issues concerning the rules! Sorry guys, been around a lot these last couple days... So, let's see:
Burnout: Sorry to say, but in v0.15, too, the ship moves 3/4 of its speed. It's just that in v0.14, the Sartha's 8 should actually be 9. Not sure where the 2/3 come from, but then again, I'm known to be somewhat forgetful... ;) However, I didn't find anything in my changes & additions file for 0.15 either.

Regarding the side arc for chaff: It's the same as the fire arc for port and starboard turrets, so your "anything not in front or rear arc" solution should be fine. :)

Whoa, high time for me to comment on at least two issues concerning the rules! Sorry guys, been around a lot these last couple days... So, let's see:
Burnout: Sorry to say, but in v0.15, too, the ship moves 3/4 of its speed. It's just that in v0.14, the Sartha's 8 should actually be 9. Not sure where the 2/3 come from, but then again, I'm known to be somewhat forgetful... ;) However, I didn't find anything in my changes & additions file for 0.15 either.

Okay then. burnout speed factor returned to 3/4.

Turn 10 EP: The game wants me to give orders for Dead Meat, but has given me a blank window (i.e. no options). Should I wait until we can figure out why, or am I okay to go ahead with his orders?

Turn 10 EP: The game wants me to give orders for Dead Meat, but has given me a blank window (i.e. no options). Should I wait until we can figure out why, or am I okay to go ahead with his orders?
go ahead and submit it. For now, I'm only worried about the reverse (no orders window when there should be).

I poked at the orders widget today. The 'time since last seen action' counters might now be working properly. Hard to tell since only Ironduke has 2 ships needed to go at the moment, but it should be more obvious as soon as the next phase begins.

11 MP: When I get a chance, I'm going to take a look at what's gone on so far in the game as far as chaff pods are concerned. Impetus for this is, of course, completely self-serving...Sivar's Fist used his chaff pod a couple of turns ago to spoof two IFF missiles, but it's still listed in his info window.

Well I did put in a fix a while back too, so make sure you correlate your historical check with the live-as-we-play updates I make.

That said, if chaff pods are sticking around and not decrementing, that's a problem. Can someone confirm this is the case?

Well I did put in a fix a while back too, so make sure you correlate your historical check with the live-as-we-play updates I make.

That said, if chaff pods are sticking around and not decrementing, that's a problem. Can someone confirm this is the case?

Went through the end phase field reports for Game 5 so far. So far, Magna released chaff pods in Turn 1, 5 and 9 end phase, Sivar's First released one in Turn 9 end phase, and Glorious released one in Turn 10 end phase. Magna, an Epee, should have only had two chaff pods to begin with; he's still listed as having two chaff pods. Sivar's Fist, of course, is the one I brought to your attention earlier; he is still showing a chaff pod on his card despite being a Jalkehi (and thus only having one chaff pod to release). Glorious is a Grikath, with 3 chaff pods; having released one chaff pod, he still shows three chaff pods on his card. The card data is all as of Turn 11 move phase.

So, that's definitely a problem.

This may be too late, but I'd just like to request (for testing purposes) that someone with an incoming missile releases a chaff (so I can verify my fix worked).

Done!

Also I feel very unlucky with my rolls. Can you do a average check including all player rolls?

Cheers,

12 MP: Was gonna make note of the fact that Porcupine2 should still be in the fight; looks like I got beat to it.

So somehow, Porcupine 2 had 2 identical commands submitted in the system. I'll have to email BabyfarkMcGeeZax to see if he got impatient and clicked too fast or something, so I can avoid this problem. that said, this is the first time we have a command duplication that is not directly because I was tinkering and is instead an actual bug. Jopefully that means it is hard to pull off.

Since Ironduke is the only one with orders in, I'm going to just invalidate them and re-run the turn processing (with having deleted the duplicated Porc2 order). All dice rolls will go again, however.
Done!

Also I feel very unlucky with my rolls. Can you do a average check including all player rolls?

Cheers,
Well, it isn't easy for me to do an average check. You're more than welcome to take the time to add them up and do them yourself as well.

Additionally, remember that the pilot skills are directly put into the roll numbers. I could change this, for clarity, so you could see the actual roll and then the modified roll... So if you're flying a +1 ship against a +2 ship, remember that your roll will be -1 on average. You need to take that into account. More specifically, Feline is Green meaning that all its rolls are at -1 by default, and will only go even lower against a Regular or better pilot. In my mind, if you feel 'unlucky on average' with Feline, that means the pilot skills are working.

edit: Yay! Glorious is down a chaff pod!

12 CP: The IR lock that Zombie started to resolve on Sivar's Firt last turn either didn't carry over or the game displayed the wrong text; it offered to let me "Lock On: Sivar's Fist" rather than "Fire Missile: Sivar's Fist". Unfortunately, I've already confirmed my orders for this turn. Don't suppose it's too late to investigate this, is it?

12 CP: The IR lock that Zombie started to resolve on Sivar's Firt last turn either didn't carry over or the game displayed the wrong text; it offered to let me "Lock On: Sivar's Fist" rather than "Fire Missile: Sivar's Fist". Unfortunately, I've already confirmed my orders for this turn. Don't suppose it's too late to investigate this, is it?
There's a deep problem with my target carry forward verification routine. (I can't phrase it better than that, but that isn't 100% what it does). The previous turn seems to think that a bunch of ships are targeting Washout... both Zombie and Sivar's Fist are acting like they have a 1 turn missile lock, and in both cases on Washout. (A few other ships are also targeting washout in the database). Meanwhile, Sivar's Fist shows no report indication of the lock, only Zombie ON Sivar's Fist.

Curiouser and Curiouser, during the immediate 12CP database entries, many ships suddenly were weapons targetting Porc 2, for no good reason.

I believe all of this might be attributed to the aforementioned routine, but I could be wrong. I'll have to simulate a re-run of a few turns to see how it is turning out and test it out. In all cases, that routine is intended to carry forward the changes in the ship ID as a new entry is formed. It is supposed to make sure that targets keep their targets updated, but it somehow seems to be leaking the data over to other potential attackers, and overwriting each other in some way.

I'll see if I can find some time to debug it in depth tomorrow or Friday.

I think we've mentioned this problem somewhere in the beginning, that the target locks are rather... infectious. When one starts targetting, some other fighters acquire the look too, but I have yet to see a pattern in it.

Back