Alpha Test Game 5

Not sure why Glorious fired an FF, but that FF was supposed to go straight for Magna... and wasn't! This actually let me find a bug where the kilrathi FF seemed to think it was a confed for no good reason. i've manually updated the database to force it to be right, and I made a minor change in the code to (hopefully) help the FF's remember whose side they are on in the future. Also got yet another fix in place for missiles to remember who fired them (which is critical and needed for DFs and FFs especially). Once I get that part working, I'll add it to the missile popup.

edit: in case it wasn't clear, Magna may want to evade/chaff or risk being hit by the FF. Of course, you can absorb the hit and hope it takes enough turns to regen that shield damage...

Testing, Right? I ended the EP with the iPhone Safari. Seems to be working better than Chrome.

Cheers,

Hey RC, you missed that Glorious also needs an order put in. You can see that on the 'intercepted communications panel' and you can even click on its name to get the orders window to popup.

Great news that it is working on iphone with safari.

All tailing, across Game 4 and 5 didn't work this time around. Since the problem exists in Game 4, and that one is smaller and easier to debug, I'm going to fix it there. The way it failed involved a complete loss of tailing database information, so there isn't an easy way for me to recreate it or add it back in for this turn. As such, all Game 5 ships should make their moves and continue the game; keep trying to tail in the end phase, but this one was an outright bust.

edit: um, so I accidently deleted the pieces database, then got it back. long story short, I had to force the game to re-run this turn's processing. The dice rolled ... differently this time. you guys were collectively an almost statistically impossible amount of unlucky, but I swear it just happened.

Um... fyi, in the database messup, some of your orders also got deleted, and others got duplicated. In general, this movement phase is going to be twisted...

Hopefully those of you affected can sort it out before your ships get into firing range. There are too many ships here for me to manually work it out.

I seem to have an issue with tailing here, similar to the one in Game 4, if I understood correctly.

The tailing result I got was Boo'ya can tell where Afterlife will fly next (rolled: 8). However, after submiting orders for Afterlife and logging out and in I still get a blank Tailing prediction list.

I seem to have an issue with tailing here, similar to the one in Game 4, if I understood correctly.

The tailing result I got was Boo'ya can tell where Afterlife will fly next (rolled: 8). However, after submiting orders for Afterlife and logging out and in I still get a blank Tailing prediction list.
Yes, game 4 is experiencing the same thing. I'm looking into a fix now. Depending on what is causing this, it may be correctable. Earlier I said you'd get no tailing info, that was because the database didn't have the tailing references at all. Now it has them, but isn't processing them correctly; I think I can fix this such that it will show up. I'll post in both threads if/when I expect it to work.

Found another tailing problem, fixed it. Sadly it will only work on future tail attempts, these ones are dead and will forever remain so because they are tailing old id's that aren't for this turn.

Try tailing again next EP and hopefully it will work that time.

Interface issue: in Turn navigation, when moving to the first (or previous, can't verify in this situation due to the number of turns) turn with the (left) arrow and then clicking the right arrow, it moves me to the third turn.

edit: Also when banking, it would be nice to display the speed too in the phase summary. :)

edit: Also when banking, it would be nice to display the speed too in the phase summary. :)

Updated for future reports.

Interface issue: in Turn navigation, when moving to the first (or previous, can't verify in this situation due to the number of turns) turn with the (left) arrow and then clicking the right arrow, it moves me to the third turn.

They seem to be operating correctly to me, in Firefox; how are you expecting them to behave?

They seem to be operating correctly to me, in Firefox; how are you expecting them to behave?

(Using Firefox too) well... turn 3 doesn't exist yet. It generates an exception (Fatal error: Class '' not found in /home/agespast/www/www/avacar/phase5/load_game.php on line 39) and afterwards doesn't let me to change the turn (with a "We do not know what just happened." error window) without using back.

Gravity.png

Who fielded a Sivar? :(
I have found and squashed this problem. 10/10 reloads, and it doesn't happen anymore.

Also, you'll all now find that the main game has the minimap, and it should optionally collapse out of sight. Do not use the Phase 5_1 variant anymore. I am not going to update it, and using it could lead to bugs.

I've given the asteroids a faint white outline. I think they stand out a lot more now, but I also think it looks a tad pixelated. Anyone out there better with photoshop or equivalent products? I can send you the original asteroid if you desire.

edit: you may need to clear your cache, as image files are usually cached instead of pulled fresh.

Since Ironduke was the only one who had not submitted orders, and his only option was to tail his own ship... I went ahead and put in both tail requests (for testing purposes) to also move the game along. Had there been any more informed options (and likely if it hadn't been Ironduke) I probably would have waited.

The rest of you can now put in your movement orders.

I had a chance to test the Orders windows now that the next phase has come around. I confirm that Firefox/Chromium's scroll-on-click issues occur for Movement and Combat Phases, but not the End Phase. The only difference between them, from what I can tell, is that the Orders window in MP/CP has jqueryUI-buttons and EP does not. Looks like we're running into lots of scripting-related issues here.

;) Thanks. I wasn't online too much the past couple days. (Not feeling too well right now, but it's getting better.)

Question: What is it that triggered Loki to be in the waiting-for-orders state for this combat phase? If I didn't miss anything, his particle cannons are out of range, DF nor HS aren't viable.

Question: What is it that triggered Loki to be in the waiting-for-orders state for this combat phase? If I didn't miss anything, his particle cannons are out of range, DF nor HS aren't viable.
You're absolutely right: Loki's order window is blank. Sometimes the game thinks you'll need an order. I've set the code up such that if it isn't sure if you can skip a turn, it will give you a chance to submit orders to be safe. Loki's order window was blank. I don't exactly know why the prediction wasn't correct, but solving those false-positives is a low priority for me (unlike solving false-negatives!).

I've submitted Loki's blank order on his/her behalf to move things along. Thanks for pointing it out, Humungus.

Back