Alpha Test Game 3

What the ?? xD OMG i was away for the weekend.... xD I`ll revenge my ships ;)

wait a second, you skipped the round? I think thats kinda unfair, the three days i was waiting till something happens and then three another days later its round four? Errr.. ~~~?

btw the quali died XD not reaper ^^

I'm not sure what you're talking about, Pantheos. We didn't skip anything.

As a side note, there were some typos and bugs related to turret point defence which are now cleaned up, Turn 1MP is now in place.

So, is anyone getting turn-related emails? I got one when the EP was ready, but it didn't just send me one for the start of the new turn. Anyone else?

Oh c´mon, why are we still at the Movement Phase?
I just see that Panda hasnt submitted his orders yet.

I havent got an email too btw.

I think Panda is on vacation this week; I sent him an email directly telling him to put his orders in. All we can do is wait.

Got this error message when clicking on game 3:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method missile::take_damage() in /home/agespast/www/www/avacar/phase5/weapon.php on line 172
Now it seems to be back to normal...

Got this error message when clicking on game 3:

Now it seems to be back to normal...

Ha! I haven't had a chance to read the field report, but I'm 90% sure this means (looking at the code) someone just successfully point-defenced a missile... and I'm guessing it didn't go anywhere?

Looks like the take_damage routine is unique to ships; forgot to give a top-level one to the indicator class (and so missiles, as a child of indicator, doesn't know how to take damage).

Oops. Well this is easy enough to fix, sorry to whoever just shot a missile successfully and had it keep coming...

edit:
Ah, so what happened is that failure kicked in, so it gave up on the turn. Then when you refreshed, the game got to re-roll the dice; as you can see this time Reaper misses the missile, so the offending line of code never came up. The missile wizzes past, and smashes into Reaper.
Sorry Pantheos: your ship was victim to a bug... anyway, it is fixed for next time this comes up (hopefully?) I wish I had better news, but this is the life of alpha testing! Just think, your 32hp sacrifice has protected generations of future fighters from broken point defence!

So it claimed, I already sent in the movement phase orders for my last ship, even though I did not.

I did a Shelton Slide to evade a missile if that's any help.

(Why i cant edit my posts anymore?)

Wow, Quali, we are now both on one step :D
(Ravager flew faaaar away and Reaper is dead =D)

There's only a short time period where edits are permitted. I think it's something like two hours, though I could be wrong. If edits were permanently allowed, some people could say one thing, then come back and change their original post much later to say something completely different.

Back