you won't believe what happened

Originally posted by TC
Try using Tre Manager or another Tre extractor in conjunction with the WC3 movie viewer

Um, where can one get this TRE Manager, I thought it wasn't finished yet.

Try HCl's site. If it doesn't have TRE Manager it'll have some sort of TRE extraction program.

TC

Yeah, I've got it, had it for a while, forgot I had it, lost it, now i need to find it. Ah! It's with my new web page stuff. Maybe I'll try it out. Never did use it.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Thanks. I haven't tried it yet, but I assume we still can't extract the flight music from WCP.

Before you start a mission in WCP, go to your options and turn down the movie and sound effects volume to zero. That way only the music and nothing else will output to the sound card, then tie some recorder to your line outputs (preferably a digital recorder) and record away!! Maybe this will be easier than trying to extract the music from the tre. I did this for a few WCP tunes and it worked perfectly. Enjoy!!

RFBurns

Not a bad idea. I've already got my surround sound stereo system hooked up to my computer, so all i have to do is hit record! never though about that!

Grabbing WCP in flight music

It is far easier than trying to figure out the workings of the tre manager. If your sound card has one of those I-Drives with the optical ins/outs and rca's ins/outs that would make it even easier. Grab a digital recorder with optical inputs and it will be pure digital xfer of those tunes. I was successfull in making a complete red book audio cd of the WCP in flight music doing it this way. Of course you probably would have to go thru the whole game and play the missions, but just long enough to record what you want, then move on to the next mission. I went ahead and played the game thru to grab those tunes under a different pilot so my regular pilot didnt have to go thru all that again! Hope it works out for everyone! :)
(see my previous post about how to do this the easy way!)
RFBurns

Back