Wow Great Game!!! (But its really hard)

I first started using slide in WCP. So when I used slide in WC3/4, it was a shock to find that you instantly change course once you release slide.

Which might not all that realistic, but it does make a great combat tactic. Anytime I have a a furball on my six, I slide, pull a 180 spin, and then release the slide. It especially works great with the Excal, thanks to the killer firepower.

Best, Raptor

wc2 was my favourite wc game, kickass storyline, great graphics and lovely missions.

the best missions of all time are in starlancer though

...the best missions of all time are in starlancer though..

Too much torp-hunting for me there :)
IMHO the game with the biggest mission variety is I-War.

Originally posted by Wedge009
AFAIK, only two pilots on the killboard are 'storyline' deaths. The rest are all 'generic' pilots - they can die, and you don't have to worry about them... unless you miss their comm speeches.

If too many generic pilots die, you're booted out with a message that too many pilots have died... which means that you're not a good wingleader, I guess.

And don't let Amazon die, since she'll be important later... for no apparent reason.

Always thought it was funny to have Amazon listed as KIA in WCP. :) I think she was thrown in with the Cerberus just to balance the male:female pilot ratio.

Probably :). Still, it was a good idea, really - giving a voice to the underpriviledged redshirt pilots, if you will. And she was in the demo, too.

Huh? Don't most of the redshirts get their own voices? WC2 and WC3 had the same voice for generic pilots, but WC4 had individual voices, and so did most of WCP, even if they doubled up on some. eg Amazon's voice is used on another pilot whose callsign I can't remember.

Eh? No, I like Roulette's voice as well, but I mean they used the same voice file as Amazon's on another pilot. Sprite perhaps?

Yes, redshirts these days get their own voices (come to think of it, redshirt voices have been there one way or another since WC2), but Amazon even appears in the SO fiction, which is further than any redshirt has gone before :).

Amazon's voice actress may have dubbed more than one character -- but they didn't re-use lines...

Back