WOW!!!!! Complete Collection!!!!

I have all except for the WCI delux CD. The diff between the floppy Armada and the CD Armada of course is the media they are on, and the Armada CD is speed adjusted. I dont have the floppy version installed, havent had that installed for quite awhile. The CD version is the one that is installed. Other than that I dont recall much difference between them.

RFB

Definately get the CD Armada, easy install and if you have a dosboot setup on your machine for Privateer, you can just use that shortcut for Privateer to run Armada. Works perfectly. Enjoy!! :)

RFB

Armada CD and Armada Disk are identical -- they were released at the same time back in '94. I remember the night well...

LOAF: Armada CD and Armada Disk are identical.
Ghost: What is the diference ??

Welcome to my own private hell.

No no no, your own private hell would have no restaurants but Long John Silvers and TV's Kerri-Lee would be a crack whore with eight illegitimate children, crabs, and a glass eye.

Originally posted by Ghost
Your own private hell..... why ???

Down Syndrome Man, does what he can.
(what you talkin' bout?)
If you want to try to open your eyes,
21st chromosome, that's where it lies.
3 of these, inside of one cell.
Down Syndrome Man, I wish you good well.
(good well.)

In the race, one super god. (oh my god!)
Burke was the name, CoRky the fame. (look at that butt!)
Savior, to the human race.
Savior, to those who disgrace.

He will want to try to open your brain.
Down Syndrome Man, you're insane. (you are insane.)
Protect yourself, Human Apocalypse.
Protect yourself, Down Syndrome Man.

Good one.

Day after day alone on the hill
The man with the foolish grin is keeping perfectly still

Oh, the fool on the hill sees the sun going down
and the eyes in his head see the world spinning 'round

Allow me to be more obvious.

I stated that there was no difference between the disk and CD versions of Armada.

THEN YOU ASKED ME WHAT THE DIFFERENCE WAS.

Maybe you don´t understand me....
ALL Identical....nothing diferent,why to make a CD version and not include nothing new since the floppy version ????

They're completely identical. It was cheaper to put it on CD -- but many people still didn't have CD-Roms in 1994... so they put it on disk too...

Sheesh...

Heheh, the "nice" answer gave you exactly 0 units more resquested information than the original one.

*Why* there are 2 versions is not central or even remotely related to the question of *What* is different between the 2 versions.

I find it odd that despite the fact that he did not answer your question any better than the first time -perhaps worse even since he cluttered it with unrequested information like why there's a floppy and a CD version- you are now suddenly satisfied.

[Edited by Frosty on 05-03-2001 at 22:33]

Back