WOW!!!!! Complete Collection!!!!

It is...

The Privateer series, Academy and Armada are not part of the storyline... they can exist by themselves...
WC I, II, III, IV, and Prophecy on the other hand are the episodes of the series...

It's definetly too expensive! But then again, I got all of the Wing Commander games absolutely free! So, perhaps I'm just can't appreciate the price.

That auction is advertised quite falsely since it's incredibly far from complete.

It lacks Privateer/RF and Privateer 2, as well as Acadamy, Armada, and SO.

It's missing Secret Ops. And the Prophecy box. And the universe map. And the other games are just as much a part of the storyline. This is what a 'complete' collection worth $370 could look like :

Privateer Classic Gold (includes Speech Pack and Righteous Fire)
Privateer 2
Academy 3'5
Academy CD
Armada 3'5
Armada CD
(3'5 versions for the boxes and documents, CD version for the PDF's (plus CD doesn't degrade as easily as disks))
Deluxe editions of WC1 and WC2
Kilrathi Saga
WCIII
WCIV
Prophecy
Prophecy Gold

Originally posted by KrisV
And the other games are just as much a part of the storyline.
Mmmmhhh...

The WC I, II, III, IV, Prophecy (+ Secret Ops, which is automatically included in my list, since if you notice, I'm not mentioning SM or Special Ops which are of course in the storyline) all tell a story, up until Prophecy, you impersonate Blair... then Casey...

With Armada, Academy, or Privateer, you don't impersonate anybody special...
It's a "stand alone" character... :)

Hence, IMHO, the complete history series satisfies the eBay set described (although Secret Ops are missing).

It's not however a complete *game* series... :)

Originally posted by mpanty
With Armada, Academy, or Privateer, you don't impersonate anybody special...
It's a "stand alone" character...
True, but they all reveal different parts of the WC Universe, do they not? They're not essential for the main Blair story arc, but they are a valuable addition for the entire WC story arc, as they give you more understanding of the universe you're playing in.

If it was "complete" then it would have all the novels too. Though the saga and IV would roun out my collection.

PS who you shoot/bribe/steel/suck up to to get them free???

You Americans are all lucky, guys... I'm trying to build a collection, but in France, it's quite difficult: nobody knows WC, we have to buy the novels int he USA, I even buy a "second-hand" Prophecy and everything but the CD was missing in the box... [shit]

Originally posted by NoRemorse
You Americans are all lucky, guys... I'm trying to build a collection, but in France, it's quite difficult: nobody knows WC, we have to buy the novels int he USA, I even buy a "second-hand" Prophecy and everything but the CD was missing in the box... [shit]

Lucky? AHAHAHAHA! The best thing to do is to monitor the CIC news page with the ebay listings, or go to ebay directly and check out the auctions on WC items. Just about every day I see alot of WC items going cheap! Good luck with the collection!

RFB

Yeah, shipping is a killer. I've gotten most of my WC stuff off ebay pretty cheap. One of these days when I have some money to blow i'll get a KS.

Being an American is good...

Hey NoRemorse if you're vraiment living en France, I can help ya out...
My home address is in Paris ("s'éveille..." :)), but I'm studying presently in Canada at McGill University. I could buy the games you seek from eBay, and bring them to you during vacation time...
How does this sound for ya? :)

Burns, there aren't lots of people who accept to sell items abroad, you know... and it's very expensive...

Ya I never understood that, why it would be a problem selling and shipping overseas. But keep the faith and you will complete that collection! My DVD of the WC movie came from Signapore! Shipped in perfect condition and perfect DVD. (yes it is multi-regional DVD)

RFB

All I need is the WCI delux CD, then my game collection will be fully complete!! (woohoo!) That is, if the wife dont get ahold of my WC box. (I hid it last week) :)

RFB

Tell your wife that the wrath of Sivar befalls all those who dare to hide WC stuff. That'll show her ;).
And RFB, do you really own all the games (except WC1 deluxe)? Even Armada once with 3,5'' and once on CD? If so could you tell me if there's any differnce between the disk and the CD version, please?

Back