With or Against?

I dunno, flying a fighter is one thing, having to command a capship would be a completely different genre. I don't think 'regular' WC fans would take to it.

I remember flying a Venture in the first generation of Vega Strike. That was a traumatic experience, though, on my crummy 486.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Wing commander: Capital Ship Simulator. that would be cool

Yeah, but for the love of God, please put a "virtual tour" module in such a game. What's the point of flying this huge "city in space" if ya can't walk around the streets & see the sights once in awhile?...

Funny how everything 'great' would take so much more time and hard work to do? It might be nice, but would it appeal to many people other than WC addicts like us?

You Visit the most important places of theship. (The Bridge,Engineer room,RecRoom,Lounge Room)

Special mention to the great design of the Voyager in the Elite Force game

Originally posted by Ghost
Maybe an Interactive tour a-la Captain's Chair ST CD

Actually, I was thinkin' of the "Star Trek Complete Interactive Technical Manual", which I wish I could find at a store near me. I'd love to get my hands on that bad boy & check it out. But, way back when, I read the desciption on the box, and it sounded like JUST the thing I'd love to see for WC!...

BTW-- How (if you're aware) is your title different than the one I referred to above? :confused: Is it better, more comprehensive, or is it mostly focused on the later ST TV shows? (I know at least that it's a *newer* title...).

Originally posted by (I forget...)
You Visit the most important places of the ship. (The Bridge,Engineer room,RecRoom,Lounge Room)

You forgot *the head*!... :D

Is a tour of the Bridges on the original Enterprise, the TNG one, the Voyager and the Defiant.

Originally posted by Preacher

Why is it no one in the future ever seems to need to go to the toilet? answers on a postcard to....:D

Originally posted by Preacher

Actually, I was thinkin' of the "Star Trek Complete Interactive Technical Manual", which I wish I could find at a store near me. I'd love to get my hands on that bad boy & check it out. But, way back when, I read the desciption on the box, and it sounded like JUST the thing I'd love to see for WC!...

BTW-- How (if you're aware) is your title different than the one I referred to above? :confused: Is it better, more comprehensive, or is it mostly focused on the later ST TV shows? (I know at least that it's a *newer* title...).

I don't have Captain's Chair, but from what I've heard CC is just a tour of the bridges, and the Tech Manual tries to convey the terrible complexity of building a starship. It desribes most major parts of the ship, like the Bridge, Engineering, Nacelles etc. in a lot of detail with a lot of text containing a lot of technobabble, but it's still fun.
I have the Star Trek: The Next Generation - Interactive Technical Manual USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D (as the full title actually is). As far as I'm concerned you can have it, as I have never gotten it to work in anything newer than Win3.11.
It hasn't worked since Windows 95. :(

Originally posted by Oggy
Why is it no one in the future ever seems to need to go to the toilet?
Not just the future, everyone in the movies. Of course, there's that favourite explanation: "Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there."

Back