With or Against?

ENERGIZRE

Spaceman
how about being a leader of a cap ship something like the midway or being the leaders of squadrons... plan missions & so on ?... speak ur mind out loud..
r u with or against the idea ?

------------------
Tarek Refaat

with

------------------
Ziggy played guitar, jamming good with Weird and Gilly,
The Spiders From Mars
He played it left hand, but made it too far
Became the special man, then we were Ziggy's band

sounds a bit armarda-ish to me, you are in control of the squadrons of a confed or Kilrathi carrier (the names escape me), your objective is to destroy the opposing carrier

With, though only as a spin-off to WC (like Armada) not as a main game, these should remain pilot work.
Only thing I could imagine in a main WC game is a situation like in WC3: You are the CAG and you are given several missions and you chose who he is going to fly which mission and, of course, which mission you want ot fly. When you return, you get a report about the perfomance of your pilots and give medals, promotions etc.. out, or, when they screwed up, reallocate them.

I don't think that Blair was the CAG in WC3 as the CAG remains behind on the carrier to direct fighter operations, . Anyway i like your idea on the game, something a bit like X-COM interceptor perhaps where you have to order munitions, repair fighters hire pilots direct operations such as patrols & strikes etc, all during real-time?

Originally posted by Oggy
I don't think that Blair was the CAG in WC3 as the CAG remains behind on the carrier to direct fighter operations, . Anyway i like your idea on the game, something a bit like X-COM interceptor perhaps where you have to order munitions, repair fighters hire pilots direct operations such as patrols & strikes etc, all during real-time?

In the novelization he was the CAG in WC3. The explanation I come up with is that Blair's other duties weren't modeled in the game to focus on the piloting aspects. Yeah, CAGs aren't supposed to fly, but then again ship captains (in WC4) aren't supposed to either!

My concern with the idea of a pilot-fleet spinoff is that one of the aspects is going to lose out -- either it will be a wonderful strategy game with a sucky pilot component or a great piloting game with a bare nod to the strategy aspects. I would prefer a pure spinoff strategy game, but continue the main games as pure piloting.

I'd like a spinoff to be something like Master of Orion, where you
could take the place of Tolwyn or Thrakhath, and control the
entire war effort, not just a carrier or two.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Yeah, but the border worlds were stretched really thin, and eisen had already gone to appeal to the 'good' elements of confed, iirc the previous captain an XO had already been killed so Blair was next in line of command, but due to the pilot crisis had to take a more active role in combat.
A pure stragety game would be good, theres a fan project for star trek armada, but i haven't tried it yet

Blair wasn't a CAG -- he was a Wing Commander. CAG's coordinate multiple FWs... Victory had only one (half!).

Originally posted by $tormin
i would like a WC version of falcon 4.0 or somthing like that.
Huh?
In what way do you mean this? I'm confoozed...

(One thing that would be great about this, in any event: Several hundred page manual, w/ all kinds of juicy details, specs, pics, etc...)

Originally posted by Oggy

Well, you all knew what I meant with "CAG in WC3" ;). But thanks for the correction guys.

I wouldn't place the idea into real-time (only perhaps for some scramble or surprise-defense missions). And you wouldn't have to fly every mission like in X-Com Interceptor (I can't remember, did you have to fly every mission in X-Com:Inteceptor), only one of a given set at a time.

Edit- Please see the thread "New game concept(reposted from another thread)" to see this post... and it's possibilities. ;)
PS... and don't knock it down, this concept has some real potential! :D

Back