WingCommander-Simulator ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCSTigersClaw

Greek Special Forces B' Company "Naoussa" 2007-200
Hi , Ive been out for a lot of time:D

Im back now and I want your opinions on this:

Which wing commander is more space sim than action game ?

I not asking if Wc is an action game or a sim,there has been a Thread for this.

Im Just curious to know which Wc of all you think is more realistic,so its more a space sim.

For me its WC4 on the Crazy difficulty.

Thats all. bye

:cool:

P.S. does LOAF ever reads his E-mails ? ? ?

id have to say WC4 also, the (captain of the ship) feel gave you more control plus the multiple choices of the missions combined with the free actions of getting around the ship made it more realistic, but WC1 and WC2 are one of a kind and will always be my favorite

LOAF reads his emails, I assure you. But you're better off talking to him on IRC.

I've got a few problems with WC4 as a game, mush less a simulator.
#1 I couldn't get to a cockpit view (my favorite view - a little more realistic for a sim)
#2 one hit missle kills .Though I could live with this, since it made you very aware of your own mortality while playing the game - no more hearing the whoop whoop of the missle launch siren and saying "I'll take that missle hit while I pick this joker in front of me apart" - definitely made you break off anything you were doing and run for your life.
#3 - ineffectual guns. This is my major greivance with WC4 as a sim. On the higher levels, guns seemed to be a secondary weapon to missles as their power seemed to diminish drastically. I could wax the first fighter in a flight and go after his wingman and it take me 1-2 minutes with direct hits with my guns to finally take him out. I know I lost count with how many times I'd hit a fighter with their shields at nill and still register no damage.

Well, to make a long story short (too late :) ), I'd have to go with WC3 or Prophecy as the best sims. Simulators to me are all about dogfighting and the AI of the WC3 at higher levels and the sheer number of enemies in Prophecy made you hold onto your missles like they were worth their weight in gold!

C-ya

I'd rather prefer WCP's engine.

But SO game was too arcadish. Realistically speaking, would a group of Confed pilots survive and encounter with 40 bugs in open space?

I doubt so.

Yeah, games where you fight space-bugs should be modelled after real-life space-bug warfare, so as to be more realistic.

i gotta say that WC4's engine and just general gameplay was better. I also gotta say that I found the guns quite sufficient often, esp. the stormfire :)

Originally posted by -<Stiletto>-
If you want ineffective guns... play Armada. I must have spent WEEKS trying to kill those ultra-Dralthi...
I found it unusually hard to hit targets in Armada as well (at least in the Gauntlet), but I thought that was just due to having a relatively slow computer.

Originally posted by Napoleon
I gotta say that WC4's engine... was better.
RealSpace better than Vision? I personally don't think so. In any case, I much prefer the textures used in WC3 than the grainy ones used in WC4, at least on capships. WC4 fighters probably look better.

Originally posted by Filler
...but without all the crappy audio that WCP has
What's wrong with the audio in WCP? They're much more realistic, IMHO.

Originally posted by Wedge009
I would have thought these make it feel more like a sim rather than less.

Like I said, more dogfighting makes better sims for me, IMHO. Also The stormfire I seemed to never use, I like particle weapons :) !

A very inebriated Viper61 syas

C-ya

Originally posted by Viper61
Like I said, more dogfighting makes better sims for me, IMHO. Also The stormfire I seemed to never use, I like particle weapons :) !
Every gun fires particles.

yes, thats one of the things i disliked about wc4, was not having the cockpit view. other than that, i thought it was the most realistic wing commander.

Originally posted by -<Stiletto>-
If you want ineffective guns...

Play Armada. God, I must have spent WEEKS trying to kill those damn ultra-dralthi...

Same way flying a Piranha against a Devil Ray.

I agree that dogfighting with multiple targets is great fan,
But that doenst make WCP more realistic than WC4.

Its more realistic fighting less targets (WC4) but less fan too.

In WCP/SO are hundreds of them,and I play it in NIghtmare with no Prob.That means that it is more Shoot em up than Simulation.

Right? ?? ? ??

:confused:

Am I the only person that thinks it's odd that you're talking about realistic simulation of space fighters that are based on completely fictional technologies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back