Wing Commander:.....??? which will be the new name:)

I got the feeling from Prophecy that they left room for Blair to return. And yes, it seemed like Prophecy was meant to transition the old hero (Blair) out and Casey in.

Originally posted by Marcml30
I got the feeling from Prophecy that they left room for Blair to return. And yes, it seemed like Prophecy was meant to transition the old hero (Blair) out and Casey in.

It shure does. It looks like that piece of worm hole hardware just seperated from the rest and got shoved away after the implosion of the wormhole. Then it just floats around. Thing is, did Blair survive that bug that dropped on him from above. I think Blair made it and ended up floating around in space, hopefully he can get to his craft that was parked near him and get out of that thing.

RFBurns

"Now is your time to die!" [Bugs, WCP]

Originally posted by redwolf
Oh by the way, regarding the Eisen, (this is assuming the designer of SO to be taken out of the equation). Why would a ship as important as the so called Vesuvius Class TCS Eisen be one, named after a Rear Admiral who is probably an unknown to many.

Only to the "many" that lived in a cave, and thus weren't able to hear the news reports on how Eisen's investigation, both before and after being relieved of command by Pauslen (a Project lackey), lead to the eventual downfall of Tolwyn's plans, by way of Taggart's investigation (WC4 novel).

So, tell me... which cave was yours? ;)

Name for new WC game

Well, not exactly a name, but an idea, maybe have the game with the entire Confed space as well as Kilrathi and maybe some unexplored sectors. I have the map of the WC universe, of course it shows the Kilrathi sectors too. That would be one heck of a game! Maybe?

RFburns

"Maybe we could do buisness sometime" [merchant, Privateer/RF]

I think that's impossible :). They spend half a year on the engine, and then you want them to spend five years on the actual universe? Because unless they did that, it would just be Privateer on a bigger scale, with all the planets still pretty much identical.

I think the game would become to large, and you'd needed a fast pc. But the universe would be great. Someone can chase you, and lose you in the vast amount of space.

You wouldn't need a faster computer than for any other game. Nor would the game have any special memory requirements, simply because no programmer would be dumb enough to keep the whole universe in memory at the same time. Priv kept just one system in memory.

Owkej, that's a good option. But still, im the game needs to process great graphics you still would need a good computer. The specs for the recenct games are pretty high, and I can't keep up

You can just play them really jerkily and at a low resolution like me! If there were a new WC game though, I'd upgrade so fast...

TC

Not all of them, most of them.

WC:p ran on surprisingly low system specs. And WC4 wasn't really pushing anything...

TC

Wing commander I , II and III required a powerful computer on that time, WC IV have a improved WC III engine.
I needed a upgrade to play WC P but my computer was a bit old.
The Next (if, and we hope that it will, it be a next one) WC game will take at least 4 years to be make, so you will need a upgrade.

You'll need an upgrade because the game will take an arbitrary number of years that you just made up, to make?

TC

any game that has yet to begin development will take a minimum of 2 years to complete. coding may only take 6 months, but publishing and marketing and all that lovely stuff takes for freakin ever.

And Origin does not have the Maverick team (that made the WC Games) anymore, if there was a Team I would say 2 yeas but since that Maverick Team is gone and origin will have to finish UO2 to start with, 4 years is not a dificult time to get, considering all things...

Except you don't *need* 4 years. You just made up that time period... 4 years is an insanely long time for a game to be in production.

TC

4 years from now...
And yes its a long time, but how long have been the Duke nuken 4 ever game being in prodution?
Over 4 years.
(this is only a example, there are (and were) games that are (and were) in developent for more that 4 years)

Back