Wing Commander: The Movie- What Happened?

Eder said:
Define "we". :p

We as in "The Fan Community".

But I have a better idea at this point... I think it's obvious that this thread is going nowhere good fast... could we get a lock on this one, admins? It's getting pretty personal in here.

If I said to you what Nemesis said to me... would that be acceptable? Heck with this thread, then... I surrender... Blair can be a woman in a dress in WC1 and I don't frankly care how you reason it out.

I don't really see anything offensive or mean spirited in what Nemesis said.

Am I missing something?

I know I am.

The only thing silly is trying to harmonize storylines that are inconsistent.

I don’t see anything silly about it at all. I asked before and I’ll ask again: Could you explain how it’s “silly”?

So how come we can't simply say that the game is cannon, the other materials, while being fun and interesting additions to the storyline, where they conflict, the game takes precedence.

Well, that’s a fair question on its face. A short answer is: where would the fun be then? I could go into a longer and more serious answer, but I don’t know if you’re really serious. You’ve been arguing up to now that spending any time trying to resolve inconsistencies–and so presumably also discussing how they might be resolved–is “silly”.

Heck... for the Wing Commander RPG I made everything even much simpler... I removed Blair from the storyline all together (ah... the power of the game master). It's kind of hard to play a game about heroes when you're living in the shadow of a VERY LARGE HERO.

In other words, you felt justified in editing out Blair for the sake of the game play you wanted to achieve. Yet, if someone for the sake of the story line proposes a consistent interpretation of all the material facts that bear on a given inconsistency (thus preserving all those facts), that’s somehow “silly” or out of bounds in your view? Once again, how so?

And by the way... to Nemesis - lay off the ad homonem. That's latin for "To the person". In other words, if you have a debate to make, make it without personal attacks please...

The debate here is your claim about “silliness”, which I have consistently addressed. I made no attack against you. (And to accuse me nonetheless only leaves you hoist with your own petard.:))

So, one more time, what’s so “silly” about–what many here enjoy doing–laying out a consistent time line and story line for WC?

Back