Wing Commander Songs

I'll listen as soon as I can download them. I haven't got any head phones with me, and the Uni comps don't have speakers (well some in the Multimedia lobs do, but I'm in the Libary at the moment, and they don't)

Very cool stuff. Not musical masterpieces as such, but really great nonetheless

What can I say? By your constant ridicule and multiple bannings, you've all made me feel accepted and welcome.

I'm glad you guys like the songs.

I like the Ballad of Blair better than Life of a Pilot, though ... possibly because it reminds me of Weird Al Yankovich's "The Saga Begins", and also because I can hear you breathing on the sound track for LoaP. That means you're too close to the mike.

the Bob said:
I can hear you breathing on the sound track for LoaP.

Actually, I was the same distance as TBoB, but I was playing guitar more softly. Some people had complaints that the guitar overpowered the vocals on my first take of TBoB (which they ended up going with anyway, even though I thought the second recording was better by far . . . 'cept my guitar made this funny noise on certain chords). Also, the first take of TBoB clipped out several times on the low end.

By the way, I've already arranged to record fully instrumented versions of both songs at a professional studio. Might record professional accoustic versions, as well . . with effects and stuff. If you want to hear what some of my previous studio work sounds like, go to www.overmortal.com/mp3.htm and take a listen.

The guy who owns the studio has agreed to help produce the tracks (and we'll have a guest drummer who's 32807432 times better than me on drums) so they'll sound that much better than my previous stuff. We're also gonna take more than ten minutes on the mixdown, too.

Hmm, if you have access to such resources, maybe we should consider some kind of song for Standoff.

Possible. What kinda song? I imagine, for such a hard-driven game, you'd want some sort of radio-metal?

"Everybody STAND OOOOOOOOOOOOFF!" {insert heavily distorted, pounding, stuccato guitar here} My JCM 900 can do that easily :cool:

e-mail me and we can talk more about it. But, just for show, we can trade exciting/titilating remarks here in this thread to pique everyone's interest in the game.

*interest in the game is piqued*
Hmmmmn, tell me more of this game and the Wing Commander Songs that you intend to write for it!

Thanks, TG.

Poulton, I really hope you're kidding about that :) EVERYONE who's a true WC fan (and frequenter of the CIC) knows the scoop about Standoff. And, anyone who pays half of anything resembling attention to my CIC nincompoopery knows about my Wing Commander songs, and how much my ego has swollen since they seem to have become popular.

I changed the words to Leonard Nimoy's The Ballard of Bilbo Baggins to make it The Ballard of Prince Thrakhath. Be warned, it's not that good

In the middle of the Universe in the land of Kilrah
lives a Bad Kilrathi whom we all dispire.
With his long sharp claws,
razer sharps Fangs
he lives to fight and everyone hates him

Prince! Prince! Prince Thrakhath
He's over eight feet tall
Prince! Prince! Prince Thrakhath
The badest Kilrathi of them all

Now Kilrathi are a war-lovin' folks you know
They don't like to share and they kill things slow
They don't like to travel away from home
They just want to eat and kill alone
But one day Thrakhath was asked to go