Wing COmmander Series question..

Bandit LOAF said:
Ugh, Aces slang is so stupid.

Eh, I'd argue that "munchkin" was applied to the dragon by people who were familiar with the term from paper/dice RPGs, and some of them just happen to be associated with the WC Aces club; that the two groups coincide doesn't mean that both traits are necessary.

I know I thought the Dragon was as munchy as a houseful of stoners before I even knew of the existence of WCAC (or the online WC fandom, at that). I mean, medium fighter maneverability in a package with bomber-level firepower and protection, cloaking device, anti-cloak optics (though to be fair, Fleet Action did have a cloak-penetrating radar mode long before WC4 was made), and self-replenishing fuel is a pretty big "benefits package", with almost no real drawbacks.

Dragon was too good for its own good....
Bearcat seems like an unneccessary addition when one already has excaliburs rolling off the assembly lines....
although I did like piloting it a lot....it's good to get away from that damn dragon every now and then...

I liked both, but when I was in a tough scrape, Id just turn on the cloak in a Dragon and afterburn to safety. In a Bearcat Id have to do all sorts of tricky manuevers which I like but then Id have a bigger chance of dying. is it just me or do the shields recharge really really slowly in wc4?

WCIV seems much more realistic than the other games. Missile up your tailpipe? Dead. Taking massive fire on a concentrated area of your sheilds? Consider them gone for a while. I think the recharge was a little too slow, though.

You shouldn't complain... You get to fly a few missions without shields against packs of excaliburs that throw plenty of tachions at you. Finish that on nightmare and the missions with shields are kids play.

Back