Wing COmmander Series question..

Naféasonto

Swabbie
Banned
During the simulator. In the first episode (Red & Blue) what ships are they flying on the confed side, for some reason i can't figure it out, they don't look like hornets, or Scimatars or Raipiers. What are they? After the simulators, those are Scimatars right?

Nafé

After the simulator yes they are flying the old Scimitars.
Before then they are flying the Hellcat fighters that we saw in Wing Commander 3. I think someone said they were the Wildcats which were an earlier version basically, but there has been no visual evidence of this I don't think, so we assume they are Hellcat fighters.

Tolwyn flies one at McAuliffe with Vance Richards as his wingman...they were basically fighters that should have been upgraded or replaced with the new corsairs...

which according to Fleet Tactics the corsair became the Scimitar. The name change is like the P-51 Mustangs and how they were called A-36 Apaches. The RAF called it the Mustang and it stuck

Well, the Hellcat that we fly in WC3 is the Hellcat V, which implies that it was the fifth version (sort of like how the Rapier that we fly in WC2 is an upgraded version of the Rapier from WC1, with its better guns and missiles). It's quite possible that the cadets were being trained on the earlier version of the Hellcat which was a new fighter at the time (a laser/neutron version of the Hellcat would probably fly like a slower Rapier).

The roman numeral indicates an entirely new airframe. The P-47 Thunderbolt and the A-10 Thunderbolt II are entirely different aircraft.

Choose to go to the Speradon System and then pick the 'get fighters' mission. Bearcats will be available for the rest of the game.

that's a very common - and unfortunatelly true - complaint about the Bearcat. Better stick to the Munchkin, I mean, the Dragon.

What Aces slang? I know the term munchkin from pen and paper AD&D oldtimers... I never ever visited WCAces forums.

Hummmmm... He was making a joke with his nickname... Now I get it. I tought he was talking tough and stuff. Hehehe. Sorry. :/

Back