Wing Commander Prophecy: Secret Ops Model Update Pack

Discussion in 'Fan Projects & Editing' started by DefianceIndustries, Nov 25, 2015.

1. DefianceIndustries

DefianceIndustries Commodore

Is this in WCP or SO? Also please give the mission #. Finally is this a one time crash or does it happen every time?

2. FekLeyrTarg

FekLeyrTarg Commodore

Ah, sorry.
    It's Prophecy, in the mission "H'hrass 2 : Relay Station Defense". It happened twice at the exact instant the red Manta is destroyed. No error message, just a quick sudden CTD.
    I'm playing on the English GoG-version with the DVD-videos and the latest MUP-version is installed.

3. DefianceIndustries

thanks, I'll take a look.

4. Adm_maverick

Adm_maverick Rear Admiral

Ran into a glitch running WCP. As soon as I launch for the 4th mission I get the following error message:

CapitalShip::loadComponents ships\pelican.iff: can't find hardpoint bridge_01_pelican.

5. FekLeyrTarg

FekLeyrTarg Commodore

Odd. I've made two further attempts on the mission and the crash doesn't occur anymore. I did the same things I had done on the first two.
    Is it possible that I simply stumbled upon some sort of rare bug? (No pun intended)

6. DefianceIndustries

it's likely a stability issue caused by objects that aren't able to be pre-cached. objects that jump in for example have to be loaded in real time causing occasional pauses or sometimes CTD issues. if you run into this again, it would be helpful if you could turn on the diagnostic mode in wcp or so and capture a log. it would help grim track down the issue.

7. DefianceIndustries

hmmm. I'll check the export directory to make sure there's not some issue with the files, meantime, did you grab the latest release? .3a was terrible - i get to own that one because we tried to reintegrate the two branches between WCP and SO and it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. .3b is more stable.

8. FekLeyrTarg

FekLeyrTarg Commodore

Objects jumping in is a good point.
    I could try taking out the red Manta before the Panthers jump in and then again after they jumped in and see in which case the CTD occurs.

By the way: How can diagnostic mode in Prophecy and SO be turned on? And where are the logs saved?

9. Adm_maverick

Adm_maverick Rear Admiral

How can I check which version I have? I downloaded the one linked latest in this thread, still crashing on the mission.

10. DefianceIndustries

Ok you have the latest version. I'll check the files and we may have to post a fix.

11. DefianceIndustries

Hello fellow MUPians,

Firstly a big thank you to everyone for voting us fan project of the year! We had stiff competition this year with many worthy projects so it means alot to all of us working on this project. We have some changes coming this year, and our goal for this year is to get the MUP to a stable version 1 release. We're close on getting the main assets converted, and I think this is an attainable goal for the team.

News:
    • JOB OPENING - The MUP team is looking for one person to help us out as a release tester. There's an old saying about QAing your own work (well, maybe there isn't but it's still a bad idea) The job shouldn't take more than a few hours of your time as we package up releases for general distribution. You'd be working with the MUP team to identify bugs in ship files, graphical issues, and game-balance between WCP and SO. If you're interested please PM me or nudge me on the Discord modding channel.

• Release 4 : We've begun work on converting assets for release 4. This package will include:
      • TCS Midway Midway1.jpg
      • Kilrathi Corvette KCorvette_Fin1.jpg
      • Derelict Fralthi DerelictFralthi.jpg
      • Hydra Cruiser WCP_MUP_Hydra_Promo_Jpeg.jpg
      • Triton Transport
      • Game balance issues between WCP and SO
        • Ship file branching between games to ensure proper behavior
        • Ship file review to ensure proper hardpoints exist
    Once again - thanks to all you wing nuts for keeping this going. and here's to a great 2018!