Wing Commander Prophecy multiplayer...

We had a great session last night between Houki, AD, Silverhawk and myself. It was a blast. FoF city a few games :) but you've got to love the stormfire, it eats through shields and armor.

Vamp is great, but I actually like flying the Dev. It's a tank and those mines can be pretty deadly in a furball. There is almost nothing worse then chasing someone and then running into one...BOOM! Game Over.

Pete the one night you don't come on and we have a big rumble....starting to catch you on the killboard now :D

He showed up after you left... And I'm 2nd on the killboard :D

Last night was great!... I loved the Piranha duels...

I'll be looking forward to the next one

He showed up after you left... And I'm 2nd on the killboard :D

Last night was great!... I loved the Piranha duels...

I'll be looking forward to the next one

You bastard. hehehe. Hopefully we can populate the killboard with a few more pilots since we have some more time to wait for Arena.

As AD said Piranha duels are a true test because it always comes down to guns because you can rarely use the HS missiles.

Although we should try all drathlis next time. They only have HS missiles and their guns so it'd be an interesting fight. But god do they suck against anything else.

If you've been wanting to try WCP MP come by #wingnut tomorrow night. We'd like to get some bigger furballs going. If you aren't sure how it works still come by and we can help you get it set up. It's a great way to pass the time till Arena.

If you've been wanting to try WCP MP come by #wingnut tomorrow night. We'd like to get some bigger furballs going. If you aren't sure how it works still come by and we can help you get it set up. It's a great way to pass the time till Arena.

Alright well I went out last night so I wasn't around, but tonight for sure I'm going to be playing some MP. So if you want to try it, swing by this evening.

Question...Is there a multiplayer thing for Secret Ops?

No, HCl's patch only works on WCP. So you only have access to the WCP ships (but you can use the alswantsmoreships cheat to use kilrathi and nephilim ships as well).

If you want to give it a try swing by #wingnut today. I went out last night so tonight is the converse money night so I'll be in there looking for matches. Need to try to catch Houki and Pete on the killboard

But the more the merry, 3v3 games are really fun, especially in all piranha fights where it comes down your gunnery skills as opposed to salvoing off missiles.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few pictures from tonights match... after I had died. hehe

shot0003.jpg

shot0002.jpg

shot0001.jpg

shot0000.jpg

Guys I would like to play tonight I have the patch installed and the game installed again finally. But I made a another thread of trouble I am having.

I also got a few picts from last night as well. Reduced the size bit, but hopefully you can still see the action. As a note...porcupine mines can be quite deadly in MP, I tried to get a shot to show all our minefields but it didn't come out very well. There is nothing worse than chasing someone only to seemingly explode for no reason.

new1.JPG

new2.JPG

new3.JPG

No, HCl's patch only works on WCP. So you only have access to the WCP ships (but you can use the alswantsmoreships cheat to use kilrathi and nephilim ships as well).

I don't have Prophecy. =(

I know you guys don't support pirated software, but at this point, it seems to be the only way I can get it.

And, despite its slowness, Dev PWNS,

I don't have Prophecy. =(

I know you guys don't support pirated software, but at this point, it seems to be the only way I can get it.

And, despite its slowness, Dev PWNS,

Have you tried to find it online? I fail to believe it is that hard to come by or extremely expensive. WCP Gold maybe but not normal WCP.

I wouldn't recommend declaring your use of piracy. I know it wouldn't be taken very kindly in #wingnut, where we organize the MP games.

Combat cameraman... Photos for history... Some of last night fighting

What are you waiting for? The TCSF needs you... Join now on your nearest recruitment forum...:D

Attachments

• shot0002.JPG
    shot0002.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 93
  • shot0004.JPG
    shot0004.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 87
  • shot0003.JPG
    shot0003.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 95
  • shot0009.JPG
    shot0009.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 95
  • shot0014.JPG
    shot0014.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 89
You can definitely see my minefields in those pictures. :D Although it's pretty surprising how often you manage to fly right through them. Goku last night managed to pass between two groups of mines that were no more than a few fighter lengths apart. Must be that Panther slide.

It's a shame I haven't tried it out yet. But with my notebook graphic card, WCP just looks not as pretty as I was used to it.

It's a shame I haven't tried it out yet. But with my notebook graphic card, WCP just looks not as pretty as I was used to it.

Notebook cards of today, even if they are weak, should be more powerfull than the systems and cards from back in the day. You might be surprised how well it will run of your laptop with a glide wrapper and HCls Highres patch... Unless your notebook is 10 years old.

I recently e-mailed HCl about some of the things we've noticed about the MP patch and I got a nice response from him explaining some things concerning the scoreboard data and making the cheat ships not suck so bad (although our recent games with half-damage on actually make the Drathli usable but I still stand by my assesment that it will take 7 drathli to take down 1 panther, Houki and I tried 2 on 1 against Goku but he kicked our ass round after round). All in all it's good news and hopefully HCl will have some free time to change somethings. And if you see this Mario thanks for the speedy response and effort in this project!

HCl said:
I was checking the scoreboards a couple of days ago and noticed this.
This inconsistency of the killboard was an issue i thougth i had fixed,
but unfortunately has been proving more difficult to fix than i thought,
since it is difficult to reproduce this situation on my test setup. It
seems the problem is lag-dependent, and becomes worse as the number of
players increase: 2 player matches are registered without any problems,
and 3 player matches are less likely to have problems than 4 player
matches.

To fix this once and for all, i'll probably have to alter the messages
being exchanged between the clients and the server. When i get some time
off work (things are particularly busy at the moment), i'll try to get
this done :)

Yeah, getting more worthy stats of the alswantsmoreships ships this is
something i have been planning for some time, along with importing the
Excalibur and Thunderbolt from Secret Ops. This is one of those tasks
that always ended up being delayed for one reason or another, but it's
very easy to do, since it basically involves using WCPEdit and importing
new ship stats into the MP TRE file.

You probably won't be able to do this yourself though, at least not with
the current DLL. From what i remember (it's been a while since i touched
that part of the code) i put in place some basic anti-cheat mechanisms
which prevent you from just loading up new stats for MP ships, so if you
edit the MP TRE the patch will detect the change and refuse to run the game.

With some luck, i might be able to do something about this relatively soon!

Back