Wing Commander Prophecy Dev Jacket

Wha? Prophecy was developed by Origin... by the Maverick team, same team that worked on every main WC game.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
EA bought Origin in 1991 -- almost every Wing Commander game has been published by EA.

Really?! I thought they only bought it between WC2 and WC3, that's how I thought they coughed up the money for the FMV. I wonder how CR convinced EA to spare him the cash?

WC2 Deluxe was the first game published by EA (they also took over publishing of the other WC2 line of games).

I'm afraid I don't understand your question about money, though... EA has spent a *lot* to develop Wing Commander (they're the sole reason why games like WC3, WC4 and WCP can exist...).

That's what I meant. It was just judging the huge cost jump between WC2 and WC3 which led me to believe that EA had apprpriated OSI during that time.

EA started to lose money with those console games (that is true) and since WC IV cost a lot to make and the income from sales did not mesure up to EA espectation they did not wanted to spend even more money in CR view of WC P, if fact the whole scrip of the game was cut a lot (that is why we feel a hole in it, those last missions are a example of that, a few FMV in the lounge would help), that is why, I think, he left.

From what I read, he left because EA wasn't giving him much freedom... so what does oure hero CR do? He goes on, creates DA, starts working on FL, and slacks off. At least Microsoft has enough sense to get rid of him.:)

Nah, it can't be another daikatana. CR has yet to try and make us suck anything down.Fl isn't as overhyped as daikatana was so even if it has some delays it wouldn't be the same thing.

<i>Some</i> delays? There was a time when people thought it would come out in the previous century.:)

FL will most likelly have a lot of the features that would make it stand out shaved off, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the MMP addon cancelled alltogether.

Make it stand out against every single space sim ever produced, actually.<G>

Now though, with other MMP space sims coming out possibly sooner FL, it'll have a lot more impresing to do.

Mmm, don't like the idea of comparing FL to WC, they're both CR products. Well, one of them is, anyway.

Hmm... an interesting question at this point would be whether FL will be released before Earth And Beyond.

Originally posted by Quarto
Hmm... an interesting question at this point would be whether FL will be released before Earth And Beyond.
From what I read in a mag (don't remember the name, it was mentioned on the CIC few days ago) E&B is suposed to come out this year... don't know if that's true, but FL is now sheduled to come out even later.

Back