Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wing Commander: Armada

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Wing Commander: Prophecy

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

pygmypiranha

Vice Admiral
Which game do you feel had the best music? If there was another Wing Commander game do you think that that composer (who wrote the Wing Commander game with the best music) should return to write the music of the new game?

hehehe....Privateer had the best credits music.....

I'd say WC1 and 2 have the best, especially considering the era they were from.

I go with WC1 and 2 (ever get flashbacks when you here the main theme from WC1?) I'd also give an honorable mention to WCP (nothing like rockin' out while splattering bugs).

I like 'em all (barring Priv2, which I haven't played), but WC2 tops it for me. Oldziey's stuff for WC3/4 was also great, and even for Prophecy too, which many people don't seem to like.

So, off the top of my head, we have these people to thank:

Dave Govett (WC1)
George "The Fat Man" Sanger (WC1, WC2)
Martin Galway (WC2)
Dana Glover (WC2)
Nenad Vugrinec (WC2, Priv)
Barry Veitch (sp?) (RF)
George Oldziey (KS, WC3, WC4, WCP)
Cobalt 60 (WCP/SO)

Hooray for music composers! :)

i think that SO had the best inflight music.. some of that fast paced music goes down well while in the heat of battle

but i pretty much like them all

Well, I pretty much like them all except for Armada, don't remember the music from that one. And for some reason sometimes I keep remembering that little tune that plays when you first encounter pirates in Privateer and I just start humming it :p

wing 4 had some great music, esp the telamon music that the music during the trial at the end :D they were good, as for the rest, i think 2 had the best stuff, 1 was good, 3 is nice, academy and armada werent that good. i aint played enough of priv 2 to comment, but i liked priv 1's intro, altho wasnt keen on the rest of its music. finally aside from the orchestral stuff, i hated prophecys music, i like rammstein and music of that group, but those tracks just didnt fit in with it all, it didnt feel like wing commander, it felt like a run of the mill space sim, in my opinion there was a lot of stuff that didnt fit with prophecy and the music was one of them, saying that tho, i quite liked the game, despite its less than obvious wing commander-ness

Other games probably have more developed music, like WC4 or Privateer, but I walked around for months whistling the music to WC3. Hell, I still do that now!

youve gotta point wc3 main theme is cool, but i prefer the lounge music, torpedo theme and kilrathi theme from wc2, i love that 20 minute mp3 that loaf put up the overture thing? that was cool, i just wish hed make another one in higher quality
: wink wink :
i hope the fatmans cd does well, cos if its good enough we mite get a pure wc2 one :D i want! hehe 2 or 3 cd's of wc2 music, if we all buy 10 copies of the cd then we mite get an entire series then an anthology copy lol fingers crossed huh?

3 & 4 had great music in the fmv sequences, but as for in game music I'd probably go for WC2. Seemed to fit in best for me.

Privateer wins the atmosphere award...the mood was intense and awesome! wc2 comes second and wc3 3rd then wc4.

I think a lot of people will naturally spring to the Oldziey stuff (primarily in WC4), and I think WC1/2 have a major case with their outright good old music to kill Kilrathis to. Though recently I've been getting Priv music stuck in my head. Kind of depressing, wish I had the time to play, wish they did Priv online. I really did like the main theme for WC movie too. There'll be more great WC music to look forward to in the future anyhow.

Back