• Wing Commander: Privateer 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wing Commander: Armada

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Wing Commander: Prophecy

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Madman
...aside from the orchestral stuff, I hated Prophecy's music, I like Rammstein and music of that group, but those tracks just didn't fit in with it all, it didn't feel like Wing Commander...
Hey Madman, were you the one who thought the electronica in WCP/SO was Rammstein? I know someone here was silly enough to, even though the credits clearly state Cobalt 60. :)

Oh, and punctuation is always good, how hard is it to use the 'shift' key? ;)

Oh, and I found more folks to congratulate:
  • Floyd Domino & David Sanger (WC2 Poker)
  • Barry Leitch (RF)
  • MidianTM (Armada)
I don't think David has any relation to George, but does anyone know who or what Midian are/was?

oh how the mighty have fallen wedge, to making pot shots at my grammar? deary me, anyway one of the tracks in wcp (cant remember which, check the wcp soundtrack cd?) was by rammstein, sorry if i didnt make it clear b4

Pot shots? Nay. I was simply pointing out that punctuation is simple enough to do and necessary when writing long paragraphs.

In any case, I was thinking of the game itself, and Rammstein has nothing to do with it save for the soundtrack CD you mentioned, which is separate.

I think that WCIV had the best music. The intro music was great...it got me pumped for action. The successful mission music had a nice feel to it and the jazz in the lounge was slick.

It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there.
Oddball - Kellies Heroes

Of the games that I've played (WC3/4/P and Super WC) Oldziey's work on WC 4 tops the list. Particularly the trial music. I always get a lump in my throat during that scene and his score really drives it home. I also love the techno music from WCP. It was a nice departure for the series (though, while i love that game, i think they departed just a little to much). And the score for the movie was excellent. When I read to the liner notes on the CD, i had to laugh a little cuz Chris Roberts was right, I did hum the Main theme while i walked out of the the theatre. Still catch myself humming it to this day.

Originally posted by T8H3X11
...the jazz in the lounge was slick.
Haven't played WC4 for a while... I don't remember any lounge music, or music in any of WC4's gameflow rooms.

Sorry Guys but there is no comparison to the torpedo run music from WC2. That really got the blood flowing! And the torpedo's firing I should add.:D

Just a thought...

Has anyone tried converting the wc1 or wc2 music and put it into, say, prophecy?... I'll bet it would sure change the feel of the game! (as in "it would be different, not necessarily better")

However I know my skills arent up to the challenge... :(

I'm sure if you took the KS music streams (they're just raw wave data) and used HCl's MGI Builder you could manage it.

Hmm, that's a good idea, I think I might try it. Just a pity I don't have much spare time. I just hope my slow computer doesn't crash while trying it.

Back