Wing Commander Movie

this wouldn't be the best subject to bring up.

your better off searching for it in the old threads.

there are countless amounts of them.

I always liked the movie

Most of the supposed flaws were mostly differing opinons and tastes. i.e you dont like the production design or some other way that the games differed from the movie.

The only real complaint that I have is that, after the concom assault the movie loses momentum and the end feels flat... kind of too easy. I guess I expected more from the end than blowing up the kilrathi fleet one at a time. But overall I don't mind it for a brief diversion from the everyday...

I'd like to see the uncut work print. I doubt it would happen, but maybe someday Chris Roberts will decide to spend money rotoscoping out the kilrathi and replacing them with lifelike cgi versions that more represent the kilrathi we know from the games.

AD said:
I'd like to see the uncut work print. I doubt it would happen, but maybe someday Chris Roberts will decide to spend money rotoscoping out the kilrathi and replacing them with lifelike cgi versions that more represent the kilrathi we know from the games.

Someday I'm fairly confident we'll be able to get that and at least post the deleted scenes. It's one of a number of "lost" items that we'd really like to have to share with everyone. I think partly the lack of momentum mentioned there is because a number of action/explanation scenes were cut about 3/4ths through the movie because they were a bit too complex for the test audiences.

The movie had good points for some areas they had good actors they were just all in support roles. We the WC fans were not exactly the target audience

I thought the movie was watchable, but I think it got what it deserved as far as critical acclaim goes.

It wasn't too bad, some of the ship designs were really neat(Concordia, Dralthi, even the Rapier wasn't too bad), though I really disliked the color shemes for both sides, the rusty confed one as well as the green stuff for the Kilrathi.

The cutting was obnoxious. I din't mind the pilgrim thing too much, but they way it was done could've been more subtle. To me it felt they made it in a "in your face" style so that even the dumbest viewer would get it, especially scenes with Gerals chewing Blair out for being a Pilgrim was bad. The dialogues weren't too good, either.

It's a good action flick if you don't expect too much. But not more.

I read the novelization and loved it. However, I was very disappointed when I watched the movie due to the cutting.

I think it gets less bad im my head as time goes on. And I really liked the Confed Handbook I recently ordered. I'm just sorry that the movie does not FEEL much like WC FOR ME. I'm not talking abou plot points, pilgrims and spaceship design. Just the general feel. But this is something completelly subjective and personal. I've watched it just once in the movie theater, I wish I could see it again.

I really really disliked it. Bad acting, bad directing, lame plot... I could go on but the last time I did I got a 3 day vacation. ;) I do not consider it part of the WC universe.

You had me at 'unoffensively stupid' until you said "I do not consider it part of the WC universe."

NuclearPenguins said:
I really really disliked it. Bad acting, bad directing, lame plot... I could go on but the last time I did I got a 3 day vacation. ;) I do not consider it part of the WC universe.

You're welcome to criticize the movie in a thread about criticizing the movie.

My bad, I though it was a "movie-in-general" thread.

Ok, then in response to the original poster's question, I think the professional reviews were spot on.

Back