Wing Commander Meme of the Day: Shut Up And Take My Money Fry (June 10, 2018)

-danr-

Vice Admiral
To be fair, we were all guilty of buying the Orion the first time around. It's a mixture of wanting to try something new after a good deal of time with the Tarsus, and more importantly, indulging in the novelty of spending our hard earned cash on the only ship we could afford :D

Can't imagine too many players skipped the Orion first time around to save for something better.

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Can't imagine too many players skipped the Orion first time around to save for something better.
I couldn't run Privateer right away and had to live vicariously through Mark Minasi's Secrets of the WC Universe book. That preconditioned me towards a Centurion with Tachyon Cannons as my first new ship. :)

Quarto

Unknown Enemy
Yeah, buying an Orion was hugely exciting. And honestly, the Orion was such a significant boost to your abilities, that buying it always made sense, because it meant you could work towards the Centurion faster, and more comfortably.

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
I could never get over having to sell stuff at a loss. I only ever tried different ships on different playthroughs.