Wing Commander Meme of the Day: Shut Up And Take My Money Fry (June 10, 2018)

To be fair, we were all guilty of buying the Orion the first time around. It's a mixture of wanting to try something new after a good deal of time with the Tarsus, and more importantly, indulging in the novelty of spending our hard earned cash on the only ship we could afford :D

Can't imagine too many players skipped the Orion first time around to save for something better.

Can't imagine too many players skipped the Orion first time around to save for something better.

I couldn't run Privateer right away and had to live vicariously through Mark Minasi's Secrets of the WC Universe book. That preconditioned me towards a Centurion with Tachyon Cannons as my first new ship. :)

Yeah, buying an Orion was hugely exciting. And honestly, the Orion was such a significant boost to your abilities, that buying it always made sense, because it meant you could work towards the Centurion faster, and more comfortably.

I could never get over having to sell stuff at a loss. I only ever tried different ships on different playthroughs.

Back