Wing Commander fans in sin city

vindicator

Rear Admiral
I just got back from two weeks of low steaks gambling and sports betting in Reno and then Vegas and I took my 3 CIC polos with me and ran into about four people that recognized them. I'm not really sure if they just lurk here or what but everywhere I vacation I seem to meet one person who recognizes the shirt. It's nice to see how far reaching this community is.

Also, anyone who might be think about a trip to vegas, you might consider not wearing anything making reference to the CIC into Star Trek: The Expirience. I got several strange looks from folks.

-Rance-

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
vindicator said:
I just got back from two weeks of low steaks gambling ...
Hehehehe... I call your T-bone, and raise you a porterhouse...

Anyway, thats neat about the shirt recognition.

psych

Destroyer of assclowns
You got a point, anyone who wears both a CIC polo shirt and buttless chaps is going to be recognized one way or the other.

Dahan

Rear Admiral
Could you imagine someone wearing a Star Trek/Wars outfit to a Star Trek/Wars Convention....ah the stares and the constant grumbling....the almost perfect grudge match.....

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
Yeah, wearing a Star Trek costume to a Star Trek convention...Whew! The stares that would bring! Oh wait...

Dahan

Rear Admiral
What would be more interesting those in Star Trek costumes or those in Star Wars outfit

Dahan

Rear Admiral
A person in a Star Wars Costume at a Star Trek Convention
A person in a Star Trek Costume at a Star Wars Convention

or better yet a joint Convention of Star Wars and Star Trek...
......*shivers*......the interesting things that could happen there.......

Quarto

Unknown Enemy
Dahan said:
or better yet a joint Convention of Star Wars and Star Trek...
......*shivers*......the interesting things that could happen there.......
Wow, yeah, just imagine the possibilities... people could trade Star Wars DVDs for Star Trek DVDs. The chaos this would cause, it's mind-boggling!

(seriously, DragonCon includes both Star Wars and Star Trek, as well as dozens of other sci-fi fandoms, and nothing happens; I don't see any reason to believe that the fans of these two series don't get along, especially considering that many of them are fans of both series)

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
Quarto said:
Wow, yeah, just imagine the possibilities... people could trade Star Wars DVDs for Star Trek DVDs. The chaos this would cause, it's mind-boggling!

(seriously, DragonCon includes both Star Wars and Star Trek, as well as dozens of other sci-fi fandoms, and nothing happens; I don't see any reason to believe that the fans of these two series don't get along, especially considering that many of them are fans of both series)
Eh, as a Star Trek fan...I hate passionately the Star Wars side of myself.
As a Star wars fan...I hate passionately the Star Trek side of myself.

It's a vicious life.