Wing Commander fans in sin city

vindicator

Rear Admiral
I just got back from two weeks of low steaks gambling and sports betting in Reno and then Vegas and I took my 3 CIC polos with me and ran into about four people that recognized them. I'm not really sure if they just lurk here or what but everywhere I vacation I seem to meet one person who recognizes the shirt. It's nice to see how far reaching this community is.

Also, anyone who might be think about a trip to vegas, you might consider not wearing anything making reference to the CIC into Star Trek: The Expirience. I got several strange looks from folks.

-Rance-

vindicator said:
I just got back from two weeks of low steaks gambling ...

Hehehehe... I call your T-bone, and raise you a porterhouse...

Anyway, thats neat about the shirt recognition.

You got a point, anyone who wears both a CIC polo shirt and buttless chaps is going to be recognized one way or the other.

Could you imagine someone wearing a Star Trek/Wars outfit to a Star Trek/Wars Convention....ah the stares and the constant grumbling....the almost perfect grudge match.....

Yeah, wearing a Star Trek costume to a Star Trek convention...Whew! The stares that would bring! Oh wait...

What would be more interesting those in Star Trek costumes or those in Star Wars outfit

A person in a Star Wars Costume at a Star Trek Convention
A person in a Star Trek Costume at a Star Wars Convention

or better yet a joint Convention of Star Wars and Star Trek...
......*shivers*......the interesting things that could happen there.......

Dahan said:
or better yet a joint Convention of Star Wars and Star Trek...
......*shivers*......the interesting things that could happen there.......
Wow, yeah, just imagine the possibilities... people could trade Star Wars DVDs for Star Trek DVDs. The chaos this would cause, it's mind-boggling!

(seriously, DragonCon includes both Star Wars and Star Trek, as well as dozens of other sci-fi fandoms, and nothing happens; I don't see any reason to believe that the fans of these two series don't get along, especially considering that many of them are fans of both series)

Quarto said:
Wow, yeah, just imagine the possibilities... people could trade Star Wars DVDs for Star Trek DVDs. The chaos this would cause, it's mind-boggling!

(seriously, DragonCon includes both Star Wars and Star Trek, as well as dozens of other sci-fi fandoms, and nothing happens; I don't see any reason to believe that the fans of these two series don't get along, especially considering that many of them are fans of both series)

Eh, as a Star Trek fan...I hate passionately the Star Wars side of myself.
As a Star wars fan...I hate passionately the Star Trek side of myself.

It's a vicious life.

Back