Wing Commander dream cast

Eh, casting Hugh Jackman is silly. Thats like casting Harrison Ford any time theres an action movie being made (though that would save us from watching Nicholas Cage hamming it up again)

Tsc, it was his grandfather, Todd Marsall the Second, king of the Adonis asteroid, who gave maniac that name.

LeHah said:
Eh, casting Hugh Jackman is silly. Thats like casting Harrison Ford any time theres an action movie being made (though that would save us from watching Nicholas Cage hamming it up again)

This is a silly thread. Besides, I think it was a good idea that he was Han Solo, Indiana Jones and Blade Runner.

Delance said:
This is a silly thread. Besides, I think it was a good idea that he was Han Solo, Indiana Jones and Blade Runner.

You forgot Jack Ryan.

But Ford wasn't Castor Troy, Stanley Jobson, Nathan Algren, John Preston, 'Dutch' Schaeffer, Kyle Reese, Frank Bullitt, Vincent Hanna, Action Jackson, Alex Rogan, David Levinson, 'Jack' O'Neil or Kikuchiyo - and we're all the more fortunate

Maj.Striker said:
Spirit - Lucy Liu would fit the bill
Dahan said:
Tanaka 'Spirit' Mariko - Michelle Yeoh

Sorry guys, but I already have the perfect Spirit in mind (AND she's actually Japanese to boot!). Her name is Aya Takanashi, best known from the movie 'Mr. Baseball' with Tom Seleck. She has a very nice Japanese accent, naturally has Spirit's demeanor...basically a perfect incarnation of Spirit, or what she would be in the distant future. If you've seen her act, you would likely find it easy to agree with my choice ;)

Sadly, my first suggestion for Spirit was Joan Chen but shes getting on in her years

ChrisReid said:
That would be the best movie ever.

No it wouldn't. It should be done by Christopher Nolan. Man that would be great.

Lehah, Hugh Jackman can pull off weird hairstyles, what makes him idea for playing Hunter.

Delance said:
No it wouldn't. It should be done by Christopher Nolan. Man that would be great.

Nolan is incredibly overrated - Batman Begins proves he can't direct an action sequence to save his life.

Delance said:
Lehah, Hugh Jackman can pull off weird hairstyles, what makes him idea for playing Hunter.

Yeah, thankfully we can ignore the rest of Australia because all we need to know of it's acting pool is Hugh Jackman.

LeHah said:
Nolan is incredibly overrated - Batman Begins proves he can't direct an action sequence to save his life.

Perhaps that's why Batman Begins was so good, it focused on other things.

LeHah said:
Yeah, thankfully we can ignore the rest of Australia because all we need to know of it's acting pool is Hugh Jackman.

Don't get so worked up about a half-serious fan discussion about movie remakes.

Delance said:
Perhaps that's why Batman Begins was so good, it focused on other things.

It was good - but I think it should've been titled some more along the lines of Bruce Wayne: The Movie. It gets a lot of things right and some things terribly wrong - but thats for another time.

Delance said:
Don't get so worked up about a half-serious fan discussion about movie remakes.

The intarweb is more than enough to get me "worked up", thank you very much.

On the subject of Australian actors...I would probably bump Russell Crowe to the top of my list to play Iceman. He'd be perfect. :)

On the subject of Australian actors...I would probably bump Russell Crowe to the top of my list to play Iceman. He'd be perfect.

But he's not disturbed-looking enough. Iceman always had that weird grimace on his face the whole game. I still say Sean Penn would be best, he even looks like him.

Well if we are trying to get actors that look almost exactly like Iceman I still say Gregory Peck was a spitting image...but he's long gone.

Back