wing commander armada installation

M

mr pricky

I have dos box, and want to install wc armada, however the files are on the c drive of my computer and in the instilation menu it only gives the option to load the files from a floppy disk!!!! i have tryed putting the files on the floppy disks but they are too large and it dosn't work. what can i do??????
please help i love this game................

U

Unregistered

mount a = no space

THE_WUQKED said:
Well, then simply mount your HD-Directory as A:\
That's what I did, and it worked ;)
I tryed that and it says there is not enough hard drive space detected to install, which is not true as i have 2 hard drives combined to give over 90 GB of memory!!!! of which i have about 70 free, and plenty of ram too.

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
I just installed armada off the CD no problem. I ran the installer in xp without dosbox and it installed fine. Then I ran dosbox (with a few tweaks to config file... loadfix and ems=false etc) , mounted my harddrive, and it runs just fine.

U

Unregistered

no cd

AD said:
I just installed armada off the CD no problem. I ran the installer in xp without dosbox and it installed fine. Then I ran dosbox (with a few tweaks to config file... loadfix and ems=false etc) , mounted my harddrive, and it runs just fine.
Unfortunatly, my verstion is the floppy disk version, and i have actually lost the original floppydisks. but i still had the files on my old computer which i coppied onto my new one. when i run the install program it only gives me the option to install from floppy disks, (A or B drive) (which incidently i don't have, as who uses floppy disks anymore)
if i mount A as the c drive, then it says it 'cannot detect a hard drive with enough space'
I have even tryed mounting A: as my f and g drives (other hard drives on my computer) to leave the c drive free, but it still says the same thing.
I have just bought a CD off ebay (for the bank busting sum of 0.99 GBP) so i hope that will work.
thanks for the help anyways.

Edfilho

Cry some more!
you can make just the folder where the files from the disks are drive B:, and install from there.

mr pricky

Spaceman
well.......
i managed to install armada, but for some reason, it does not run. i have done the EMS = false, part, is there something else i have to do?

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Yes. Specific instructions are in the first post of the "Run All Old WC Games in DOSBox Walkthrough" thread that's stickied at the top of this forum.

loadfix -65 armada

U

Unregistered

Hi, when I try doing that it says something about not being able to find a JEMM File

baphomet_irl

Spaceman
unregistered - just do a search for 'myjemm' then plonk the files from there in your armada folder - that worked for me, then run with the loadifx -65 command and press ctrl+f12 to increase CPU cycles...

unfortunately I have just gotten Armada to work, but now I cant use the joystick

the fire buttons work but none of the movement axes do, i tried pressing ctrl+o and calibrating from there, but i kept on getting 'bad calibration data' message when i finished, and still no movement when i returned to the game >:|

i also tried running 'AJ.EXE', and it just didn't seem to register any axes inputs from either my Saitek Cyborg 3D, or my PS2 controller which i use with a Venom adapter (which btw is the only thing I can get to work for Privateer 2 (when I have analoogue switched on).

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, as I always loved Armada and would love to play it properly again...

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Did you apply the joystick ipx patch? Armada will not work correctly with joysticks in dosbox without it.

baphomet_irl

Spaceman
ChrisReid said:
Did you apply the joystick ipx patch? Armada will not work correctly with joysticks in dosbox without it.
unfortunately i did yeh, and its still not working :s

im running 'armadadb.exe' from dosbox, also in desperation i tried running 'aj.exe' aswell but it made no difference :s

the fire buttons work, but none of the axes :(

QuailPilot

Spaceman
I get that missing Jemm file error. I used the search to look for myjemm. I did not find anything. What do I do?

criticalmass

Vice Admiral
Quail: The MyJemm site seems to be down, but the files are mirrored in the CIC here.

Baphomet: I have no other idea than getting a generic no-frill joystick.

Last edited by a moderator:

baphomet_irl

Spaceman
criticalmass said:
Quail: The MyJemm site seems to be down, but the files are mirrored in the CIC here.

Baphomet: I have no other idea than getting a generic no-frill joystick.
its working now actually - wot happened was AJ.exe did work, but the first time I ran it after using it - i used alt+j or alt+o and the minute i went to that it ruined it - works well now thou :)

Last edited by a moderator: