wing commander armada installation

M

mr pricky

I have dos box, and want to install wc armada, however the files are on the c drive of my computer and in the instilation menu it only gives the option to load the files from a floppy disk!!!! i have tryed putting the files on the floppy disks but they are too large and it dosn't work. what can i do??????
please help i love this game................

mount a = no space

THE_WUQKED said:
Well, then simply mount your HD-Directory as A:\
That's what I did, and it worked ;)
I tryed that and it says there is not enough hard drive space detected to install, which is not true as i have 2 hard drives combined to give over 90 GB of memory!!!! of which i have about 70 free, and plenty of ram too.

I just installed armada off the CD no problem. I ran the installer in xp without dosbox and it installed fine. Then I ran dosbox (with a few tweaks to config file... loadfix and ems=false etc) , mounted my harddrive, and it runs just fine.

no cd

AD said:
I just installed armada off the CD no problem. I ran the installer in xp without dosbox and it installed fine. Then I ran dosbox (with a few tweaks to config file... loadfix and ems=false etc) , mounted my harddrive, and it runs just fine.

Unfortunatly, my verstion is the floppy disk version, and i have actually lost the original floppydisks. but i still had the files on my old computer which i coppied onto my new one. when i run the install program it only gives me the option to install from floppy disks, (A or B drive) (which incidently i don't have, as who uses floppy disks anymore)
if i mount A as the c drive, then it says it 'cannot detect a hard drive with enough space'
I have even tryed mounting A: as my f and g drives (other hard drives on my computer) to leave the c drive free, but it still says the same thing.
I have just bought a CD off ebay (for the bank busting sum of 0.99 GBP) so i hope that will work.
thanks for the help anyways.

you can make just the folder where the files from the disks are drive B:, and install from there.

well.......
i managed to install armada, but for some reason, it does not run. i have done the EMS = false, part, is there something else i have to do?

Yes. Specific instructions are in the first post of the "Run All Old WC Games in DOSBox Walkthrough" thread that's stickied at the top of this forum.

loadfix -65 armada

Hi, when I try doing that it says something about not being able to find a JEMM File

unregistered - just do a search for 'myjemm' then plonk the files from there in your armada folder - that worked for me, then run with the loadifx -65 command and press ctrl+f12 to increase CPU cycles...

unfortunately I have just gotten Armada to work, but now I cant use the joystick

the fire buttons work but none of the movement axes do, i tried pressing ctrl+o and calibrating from there, but i kept on getting 'bad calibration data' message when i finished, and still no movement when i returned to the game >:|

i also tried running 'AJ.EXE', and it just didn't seem to register any axes inputs from either my Saitek Cyborg 3D, or my PS2 controller which i use with a Venom adapter (which btw is the only thing I can get to work for Privateer 2 (when I have analoogue switched on).

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, as I always loved Armada and would love to play it properly again...

Did you apply the joystick ipx patch? Armada will not work correctly with joysticks in dosbox without it.

ChrisReid said:
Did you apply the joystick ipx patch? Armada will not work correctly with joysticks in dosbox without it.

unfortunately i did yeh, and its still not working :s

im running 'armadadb.exe' from dosbox, also in desperation i tried running 'aj.exe' aswell but it made no difference :s

the fire buttons work, but none of the axes :(

I get that missing Jemm file error. I used the search to look for myjemm. I did not find anything. What do I do?

Quail: The MyJemm site seems to be down, but the files are mirrored in the CIC here.

Baphomet: I have no other idea than getting a generic no-frill joystick.

Last edited by a moderator:
criticalmass said:
Quail: The MyJemm site seems to be down, but the files are mirrored in the CIC here.

Baphomet: I have no other idea than getting a generic no-frill joystick.

its working now actually - wot happened was AJ.exe did work, but the first time I ran it after using it - i used alt+j or alt+o and the minute i went to that it ruined it - works well now thou :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back