Wing Commander Academy Season 2

Edfilho said:
Why does confed only hire pretty girls as chief techs?
To make the pilots want to get home with as little damage as possible.

(The guy from WC1 is not a pretty girl) :D

And BTW, not all good pilots-soldiers are officer material. some of them are a lot better in the battlefield.

I think you'll find that *anyone* who is a pilot is already an officer.

One thing I forgot to mention, the extra footage in the introduction of each episode that was not seen in any actual episodes, perhaps these were from segments to be used in the next season? Or were they just exclusively for the intro?

Exclusively for the intro. They didn't comission full scripts for a second season, they certainly didn't begin animating anything.

(The guy from WC1 is not a pretty girl)

Nor is Pliers.

........... or Sparks.

Hehe, Sparks survived the war - she became a 'novel character' and like all novel characters spent the rest of her life following Bear around for some reason.

What's wrong with her following the man she's attracted to? The books plainly display some romantic tension between them. Even though it gets repressed in FC.

Bandit LOAF said:
Sure, sure... but Doomsday and Kevin get stuck to the Bear-train, too.

I guess they are "stuck to the Bear train" because they needed some game characters in the novels. Because the novel is all about Bear, they have to follow him around.

Hey, who said that the guy in WC1 is a chief tech?
Sparks was cartoon cute, so she fits the bill. And Pliers worked fot the BWN.

BTW, Loaf, I meant officers as people who command others, not just the rank. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. But a hellish good fighter ace might end up being a crappy element commander or a terrible Squadron commander (like Maniac in WCP). And also, guys who are great combat leaders (i.e.: element leaders, seargents in the army) - tactical-wise - might not be very good commanding a larger force in a strategic level.

They're equal opportunity employers. They give an equal opportunity to all hot female characters they create.

LeHah said:
Maniac graduated with a very, very impressive academic career (as stated in the WCM Confed Handbook). He didn't really lose it, I don't think, until Freedom Flight where he was obviously suffering from PTSD.

You Mean:

Shell Shock

Nafé

Shell Shock is layman's term for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, numbskull.

DyNaMiX said:
Anyone here disagree with nice looking women fixing their fighters?..
Didn't thing so. ;)

It probably make them wanna come home with as little damage as possible.

Shell Shock is what they called it when, for the first several weeks after my wreck a few months ago, I got really jittery while driving, and would often have premonitions of getting t-boned by other vehicles that I didn't see coming (that's what happened in my wreck, btw)

Back