Wing Commander 4 rated as the 29th worst game ever

What Im saying is that I see M.McDowell and J.R.Davis as being just as good an actor as Hopkins and should be up there with him, but for whatever reason they arent.

The reason is demand. Like any artist - composer or actor or painter or what-have-you - you go where you're in demand. If Malcolm McDowell isn't in a "big" movie, it's because he isn't getting the offers for them. It's not like he's turning down movie roles because he doesn't want them - that doesn't make sense, he had a part in 2003's Hildalgo, which was a pretty big action movie.

Composers are the same way. You don't write gigantic symphonies - no one will play them until you're established. You can write and write and write all you want but composition only pays if people want it. If you can gain a name by writing a couple small peices, thats the way to go - not writing music no one wants.

(I also find it odd that you made a point to mention John Rhys-Davies. Considering he was in two Indiana Jones movies, a James Bond movie, the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy and had a pretty great run as a voice actor, he seems to be pretty well-established in the last 20 years alone)

The reason is demand. Like any artist - composer or actor or painter or what-have-you - you go where you're in demand. If Malcolm McDowell isn't in a "big" movie, it's because he isn't getting the offers for them. It's not like he's turning down movie roles because he doesn't want them - that doesn't make sense, he had a part in 2003's Hildalgo, which was a pretty big action movie.
Yea he does them occasionally, like he was also in Star Trek Generations. But the fact is Hopkins is a huge name, and much more famous than McDowell. In the industry Im sure he would be well known but if you ask normal people who they think he is I dont think they'd know. If you reminded people he was in Clockwork Orange, in that Star Trek movie, they'd probably remember. According to google it does seem like he does some theater, but if you are saying he isnt doing big movies becuase he isnt being offered, then for whatever reason he isnt a big as Hopkins which is what I was saying.

Composers are the same way. You don't write gigantic symphonies - no one will play them until you're established. You can write and write and write all you want but composition only pays if people want it. If you can gain a name by writing a couple small peices, thats the way to go - not writing music no one wants.

Well if we are talking about concert music I agree.

(I also find it odd that you made a point to mention John Rhys-Davies. Considering he was in two Indiana Jones movies, a James Bond movie, the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy and had a pretty great run as a voice actor, he seems to be pretty well-established in the last 20 years alone)
How many years were all those spaced out? And a voice actor in what? Surely you arent saying that he is as famous and in demand as Hopkins is.

To remind you what my point was, I believe they should be as big as Hopkins but they arent for some reason.

Ed

but if you are saying he isnt doing big movies becuase he isnt being offered, then for whatever reason he isnt a big as Hopkins which is what I was saying.

Replying to you is like the joke about the man who's been praying every day at the Wailing Wall for 40 years. When reporters ask him how he feels after praying to it every day, he responds "Like I'm talking to a damn wall."

The reason he is not as big as Hopkins is because he doesn't get the offers like Hopkins. The reason he doesn't get the offers like Hopkins is because he's not as "big" as Hopkins. Follow? With fame comes demand and with higher demand comes more fame.

I really wish you'd stop compairing the two. They're both good actors in their own right; one having a bigger public profile than the other doesn't amount to anything to us.

Malcom Macdowell I think does a lot of theater these days, though Im only guessing. I think if he wanted to he could easily have been up there with the likes of Anthony Hopkins fame (well almost maybe).

Although I really like him, I've not yet seen Mcdowell in an "A Actor" performance like Loaf referenced. As a whole, he's played either minority characters in major movies or majority characters in minority movies.

Although I really like him, I've not yet seen Mcdowell in an "A Actor" performance like Loaf referenced. As a whole, he's played either minority characters in major movies or majority characters in minority movies.

Yea, thats pretty much what Im trying to say. Just becuase he can do 10 minor TV roles doesnt mean it equals 2 big films.

The reason he is not as big as Hopkins is because he doesn't get the offers like Hopkins. The reason he doesn't get the offers like Hopkins is because he's not as "big" as Hopkins. Follow? With fame comes demand and with higher demand comes more fame.

Thats what Ive been saying. Apparently you havent really been listening. Im saying they SHOULD be up there with Hopkins beucase I think they are really good actors.

Ed

Wait, I'm confused about this argument. So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?

well people just dont want to accept that cath 22 is working everywhere:D

Back