Wing Commander 3 Ranked 14 on gamedaily.com

No DOS games, but not surprising. And I'm talking about the Might and Magic Darkside of Xeen battle between Corak and Sheltem. Easily one of the best endings I've had the pleasure of seeing.

Rogue Squadron wasn't pleasant either.

It was lame how Rogue Squadron didn't show the Death Star blow up. Maybe I was spoiled by the fancy graphics of the original!

fireballs.png

Not every Kilrathi was surprised. Remember that prior to the war Baron Jukaga spent some time on Fawcett's World interacting with one human (whose name is completely escaping me at the moment) who told Jukaga quite bluntly that the Kilrathi would lose the war. He gained a unique insight into Humans that he would try to exert on Thrakhath and others with little success...

And to steal from the back cover of End Run
Yes, but Baron Jukaga was the exception rather than the rule, and even he didn't understand their behaviours prior to studying humans for quite some time.

Yes, but Baron Jukaga was the exception rather than the rule, and even he didn't understand their behaviours prior to studying humans for quite some time.

Fawcett's World is his first encounter with humans and that was right before the outbreak of war. Jukaga father also had a keen insight into human behavior along with their retainer (who's name is also evading me). Jukaga was not alone in trying to understand humans, but he was certainly part of an extremely small minority.

Fawcett's World is his first encounter with humans and that was right before the outbreak of war. Jukaga father also had a keen insight into human behavior along with their retainer (who's name is also evading me). Jukaga was not alone in trying to understand humans, but he was certainly part of an extremely small minority.
And didn't seem to hold much real sway with the Imperial family near the end either because they thought his thinking was too alien (and it seemed that others thought the same thing, a lot of those around him (if I remember correctly) didn't seem to hold him in the highest regard (just what his societal position called for)).

It's too bad (for them) that they didn't listen to him, he had a keen insight into what would happen.

They were perhaps more afraid of him at the end because he had gained so much influence from the Vukar Tag to BoT period.

Many knew that he aspired to retake the throne for his family, which according to what we know was considered of even thicker blood than the Emperor's.

They were perhaps more afraid of him at the end because he had gained so much influence from the Vukar Tag to BoT period.

Many knew that he aspired to retake the throne for his family, which according to what we know was considered of even thicker blood than the Emperor's.
I really need to re-read Fleet Action again.

The rebel assault version was a sinch, but the original x-wing version was pretty tough

X-wing version!

I remember it, and I think that I never did make it by actually going down the trench.

It was actually kind of silly, because you gain a bunch of speed in the trench, but the guns just tear you up. Easier to fly above out of range (although, it took like 15 minutes or something!) then drop the two torps into the hole and go home.

Rogue squadron didn't bother me really, not to difficult. Only thing I really didn't like with that game was the fact that if you wanted to fly from the "cockpit" view in the x-wing, the laser spread was so awful that you couldn't hit anything. The y-wing wasn't too bad though.

Back