Will we EVER see another WC Game??

I have been playing wing commander since the first game was released. If however, it should ever be only released as multiplayer then the last game I will ever have played will be Prophecy. In my personal opinion, the quality of a game is sadly reduced by being solely multiplayer.

I sure hope that there'll be space for freelancer and for guilds. One of the last things I want in a game is being "forced" to join a guild, er... I mean squadron.

I'll stick to playing prophecy and making missions for WCIV thanks to the programs HC1 made. Thank you man!!!

If you want a challenge or some new wing commander stuff...try the Wing Commander add ons for X-Wing Alliance. THey may help entertain you a bit. *shrugs* now if only I could get X-Wing Alliance to work for me. *grumbles something about a damm scratched CD*

------------------
-Snake Falcon
Member of the Star Wars Role Playing Association.

"You know, a long time ago, there was a movie that made billions of dollars in merchandise alone...and it wasn't called Star PEACE!!!" -Admiral Tolwyin.

KrisV- something freaky about FL? Do you mean playing with a mouse, and that the ship flies itself with a computer you can upgrade.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Snake Falcon... It's HCl, as in the periodic elements... (Think acid :)

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I think the gameplay in Privateer Online will be great if it is fast enough to play reliably. I just haven't had all that much luck with multiplayer gaming. I think Origin can make it an enjoyable experience, though.

Hero I think POL would be worth paying $10 each month, I mean you will play the game every day and every day it will be different, it's better than spending $50 for a game beating it in a week and than having to buy another game.

Hey I want to be a Space Marshal two, why do you get cool stuff like that while Lieutenants get yellow squares?

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 06, 2000).]

I think at least the General rank deserves a better insignia. But if those insignia are from the games, I won't object.

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited January 06, 2000).]

Yes, the insignias are from the game...

Note that the Space Marshall rank actually wears both the medal shown (on a blue sash around the neck) *and* the Admiral bars (the same as the General bars, but silver).

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

I don't think it's worth it. I WON'T get POL or WCOL if I'll have pay for it every month. No matter how good it'll be, I won't get it. Origin should do what others have done, make a game that has both single and multi games in it.

------------------
Evilution!

Origin is doing what they've successfully done with Ultima Online. 1.5 million dollars in revenues each month. And they're doing what lots of other companies are doing too: online only. There's simply more money to be made, and it offers a kind of online community that's not possible with traditional multiplayer. And people seem like that.

Unfortunately Origin has found a seemingly bottomless gold mine with these online games and wont stop making them until they make no more money. I personally think it sucks because I dont have the money to pay $10 a month for a game when I have everything else i need to be able to pay for. I'd prefer a single player game of WC anyday over a multi one, simply because to me WC has been about 60% story.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

I know that Origin's doing it because they get the money from it, but what I'm saying is that I won't get it.

------------------
Evilution!

How long did you play Prophecy for? Two weeks? The 50 dollars it cost you would buy you five months of online time.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

The problem for some people is that the starterskit with the actual game and 1 month of game time costs $50 (if they charged a lot less, most chains probably wouldn't waste the shelves on something they make little money off). They either don't want to pay that, or they don't want to pay a monthly fee.

But I'm all for it. We've had so many SP games already, and people are always complaining about the fact that there's no multiplayer in WC (apart from Armada, which everyone seems to forget).

[This message has been edited by KrisV (edited January 07, 2000).]

Well LOAF, whenever i found out about a Wing Commander game I either saved like crazy or waited until they were in the discount bin. I just dont have the money to spend on what i please.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Well, think about it like this: You still have WC3, right? You paid this and that for it, but you can always play it. If you pay for MP, you can't play it again.

Now, 5 months is a long time, true, but due to the cost of phone calls (which I have to pay), I can be online from 22:00 PM (local time). I need to sleep, so I can't stay online for a long time. Now that leaves me with week-ends. Again, I can't spend all my week-ends playing MP. Hell, I almost don't have time to play single games. See my point?

------------------
Evilution!

Back