Will we EVER see another WC Game??

Viper

Spaceman
Are there any rumors about future Wing Commander games in the works? I've heard rumors in various magazines about Privateer Online, but in my experience lag is too much of a problem for enjoyable multiplay. I'm waiting for a good new single player WC or Privateer game. Anyone know of any in the works?

Basically, if you want single player, you have a long wait.

------------------
Barrie "Cpl Hades" Almond
balmond@wcnews.com

You could look at some of the fan projects, they're the closest thing you'll find to a single player WC game for awhile

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Yeah, I guess. I just don't know that Origin is making the right move going multiplayer. I really haven't played a fast-action game that worked well on the net. I think that time is fast approaching, but it will take awhile for people to get high-speed connections.
Also, WC has always been so story-oriented, and multiplay seems to just degenerate into a fragfest with everyone just killing each other. It will be interesting to see if they can make it work, though. If it works right, Privateer Online will be awesome, though.

I can't wait for any new W.C. game, Priv. Online online and others.

------------------
I fight on the side of peace and honor, just like Blair

I really wish they would integrate a single player game into the MP game. Be alot nicer.

------------------
No one is watching until you screw up, then all hell will break loose.

When I'm in the cockpit, Knight never falls.

Since it's called Privateer Online, it implies that the only way to make money (and thus, being able to afford a decent ship) is by trading and taking on missions. That means that there will be the traditional mission and sub-plot elements the original Privateers had. It also means that it's not about killing eachother all the time.

Doing so would flag you as a criminal, and anyone would be allowed to shoot you down and probably even get paid for it (cf Priv 2 for instance).

That's why it's Privateer Online and not PrivFrag Online
smile.gif

Last edited:
Hey what about Diaspora it already exists and is exactly like Privateer. The story may be different but the game is an exact ripoff.

There's also Freelancer, which will rock!
smile.gif

------------------
Zohrath.

http://www.starlancer.net - Lancers HQ, the best source for Starlancer and Freelancer news.

Last edited by a moderator:
you know what i say about games like starcraft, HalfLife, StarLancer, ETC?

THIS;

------------------
"Just close your eyes and pretend it's Wing Commander"

a) we don't KNOW it will be called privateer online... that's what we expect, they could easily change the name (though that would waste the domain name registration fee... oh no $35 for a major corporation... Though that seemed a problem for Microsoft (if you don't know what I mean about that... too bad :) )

b) Origin never said they had stopped making single player games... Just that they were concentrating on MMP games FOR NOW.

TC

------------------

Hehehehe
smile.gif

If DA ever gets Freelancer done, we'll be in the year 2002 or something. And then they'll need more time for the MMP add-on (they say 6 months, but a good estimate based on our current DA experiences would be 10 fricking years). And FL sounds like it's not a real space sim or something. There's something freaky about it... can't remember what. Starlancer's been pushed back to mid 2000. We'll see if they can live up to the hype they've created.

Last edited:
What's with this whole Cadet thing next to are screen names? How do we get up higher??

------------------
I've seen smarter things..

~Gunner~

Oh and what was that one site? www.unknown enemy.com? I was there once and i want to go back but i forgot the link..

------------------

~Gunner~

Thank you...

------------------

~Gunner~

Viper: When you think about it for a second, it all makes perfect sense. Origin has always pushed the envelope. So, it's only natural that they would now go into online gaming even though our computers aren't quite ready. As always, we'll simply have to upgrade them
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Something most don't want to do. Especially if you have a stable system and don't want to risk screwing it up. Mistake a buddy of mine made.

------------------
No one is watching until you screw up, then all hell will break loose.

When I'm in the cockpit, Knight never falls.

Even if you COULD pay the price, I'd just raise it. :)

Oh come on Knight... If you know what you're doing you aren't going to make your system unstable. If you don't know what you're doing then you don't practice on a computer that is mission critical, so to speak.

TC

------------------

Back