Why did you pick your name?

Tannim means "Child of Dragons."

Some friends of mine started calling me that way back in high school. Considering both myself and my mom were born in the Year of the Dragon, and that I've always been fascinated by the critters, the name stuck and I've been using it ever since (roughly 11 years now I think LOL).

mine comes from "Maverick" (both the WC Blair, and, you guessed it, Pete Mitchell from Top Gun). I was born on the 23'd of September.

Pretty boring and un-internet related... I used to have the nick name "big-wave Dave" at university. it was kind of tongue-in-cheek from my surfing mates, because I used to love surfing big waves, but I'm not the best surfer in Australia to put it mildly, so I used to generally bite off more than I could chew, and get regularly hammered!

So bw_dave became my name for anything internet requiring a nick.

Originally posted by RFBurns
... I changed my nic to RF Burns, which the RFB are my initials, so I figured that would work. One thing is for shure about all this, RF can definately burn, and you would be suprised how fast you can cook a buritto with a 3000 watt FM transmitter! :D

RFB

Well there you go, and I always just thought you liked "Rigteous Fire" the privateer addon. I guess you should never assume anything :)

[/B][/QUOTE]

Well there you go, and I always just thought you liked "Rigteous Fire" the privateer addon. I guess you should never assume anything :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I guess so. I thought the bw was for "Border Worlds". That's WC related.

Originally posted by Mav23

Well there you go, and I always just thought you liked "Rigteous Fire" the privateer addon. I guess you should never assume anything :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I guess so. I thought the bw was for "Border Worlds". That's WC related. [/B][/QUOTE]

ME TOO !!!!

"big-wave", geeze, I mean come on! Try to pick something at least "marginally" WC related! :)

Mine has a small story behind it.

Earlier in my life I wanted to be a pro-wrestler when I grew up (still think I could do it), and my freinds said I needed a charecter. Me being a fan of SNL, and pimps and hos nation-wide decided i'd be "The Ladies Man". My other call sign that I had was "Paradise", when had the same story. They though I need a name to go along with nickname "The Ladies Man", and one day in school one of my teacher misprounced my freinds name and called him "Mike Paradise". Thus, my name was "The Ladies Man Mike Paradise". I've been using that ever since for anything I do.

Hey NoRemorse, I sorta got mine from Crusader too!
And I thought I was the only one who'd ever played those games...:)
Silencer came from playing Armada (Proving Grounds) over an old TCP/IP connection with my dad and two of his friends. They called me that becuase I would never say anything, but was a far superior pilot than all three of them combined, whereas they constantly laughed and swore.
My dad is cool :D

LOAF: Isn't "Bandit" the name of the dog in Johnny Quest? :)

BTW, if you really care, some of my other nicks are "I. Witless" (because Daniel Defoe, author of Robinson Crusoe, used "I. Witless" as a penname, and...), and "Mr. Fluffy the Cat Person (don't ask). I usually go under Bob McDob, though. :) My callsign in Duster, after "Dusty", a character in a book I read. I've been using it since WCIII-IV.

Originally posted by Fenris
Fenris was a mythical wolf in Norse Mythology. The wolf is also a symbol of strength and ferocity to the ancient Celts, so I thought it was cool.

Fenris also bit the hand off Tyr and killed odin if i remember my norse mytholigy

"big-wave", geeze, I mean come on! Try to pick something at least "marginally" WC related! :)

Hey it is ... bw ... ummm ... bw equals ... umm ... bw=border worlds, yeh thats it, border worlds dave!

I can't believe I never even noticed that before. Thanks for pointing it out guys ... now I feel lgitimately "WC".

WC related, tag names need not be.

Mine is the name for a particualr type of subatomic particle.

Yeah, the dog on Johnny Quest is named Bandit... but that's not the Bandit from whence came my nick.

WC has the Meson Gun, forcing Mesons name to be WC-related!

Originally posted by Silencer
Hey NoRemorse, I sorta got mine from Crusader too!
And I thought I was the only one who'd ever played those games...:)
Silencer came from playing Armada (Proving Grounds) over an old TCP/IP connection with my dad and two of his friends. They called me that becuase I would never say anything, but was a far superior pilot than all three of them combined, whereas they constantly laughed and swore.
My dad is cool

There are some people here who play(ed) Crusader, including me. :)

Back