Who would you cast in a WC movie

Eh, I liked Bear. I guess I'm the minority.

Although...

I wonder why Bear was chosen as the main character for three of the books, while Blair only got two, and Hunter and Tolwyn got one each.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Probably because Blair's story was already told in detail by WC1 and 2. And there's no novelisation for either... I guess I'll have to try and fix that, eventually
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck novelizing WC1, there's not much of a storyline to speak of. But... if they did it with Descent...

------------------

I did say, eventually, and I did say, try
smile.gif
. WC1 in fact would have to be very heavily modified to become interesting as a novel - and to make sure it fits in with Freedom Flight, which alters a few WC1 details.

Hey, you could always include the scenes when you leave a system. You know, the Marines blowing up the Kilrathi base, the Kilrathi storming the Terran lab.

------------------

Yeah, they'd have to be in there. The real problem, though, would be cutting down on missions. Blair flies at least 18 missions in WC1 alone, and gets 100+ kills, usually. All in all, that would be way too much.

They already made a big story out of Wing Commander 1.. in the WC1/2 Official Guide.

There is? Dammit, I really need to find that guide. But like most WC books, it can only be found in the US, or bought online. Dammit.

Because I don't have a little plastic card that would allow me to buy things online
smile.gif
. I'll get one eventually.

Just write one anyway, Quarto. It'd be neat to see a WC fan's adaptation.

------------------

YEah the guide had an interesting approach in explaining the failing missions. Those were missions involving the TCS Eagle's Talon, instead of the Claw. The manual was set about 50 years after WC1 and Blair (who hadn't been named at the time (in our time)) was actually named Carl LeFong, if I recall correctly. I gave my copy away years ago, which I regret now. It gave some decent background into the Acadamey, and argued that Blair's class was an abreviated 2 year class instead of the typical 4. It wasn't bad, but it does have some continuity conflicts with other novels, games and the animated series.

According to some people, there are no continuity problems in Wing Commander, Shane. I'm looking in certain people's directions.
tongue.gif

------------------

I don't know that I'd go THAT far. I've read the history that I think LOAF did, or at least played a major role in doing, and he did do an admirable job of trying to clean up the mess that is the WC continuity. I just keep wishing that the movie didn't do the things it did. I at least have to give creit to those who have accepted it and moved on. I'm still in the denial phase.

Oh congrats on the new rank. I think I need to write shorter but more messages. In case you haven't noticed, I usually have one setting. Maximum verbosity.

[This message has been edited by Shane (edited July 07, 2000).]

Shane said:
It wasn't bad, but it does have some continuity conflicts with other novels, games and the animated series.
Doesn't everything?

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Dralthi5: I'd love to, but I just don't have the time right now. Too many other... projects.

Back