Who would you cast in a WC movie

I don`t remember him ever saying "merde" in any of the episodes. He did sing in french though, when he was visiting his brother on Earth.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
And in his most embaressing scene: when he had to comfort those kids in the elevator
smile.gif

#Frere Jaques, frere Jaques... ROFL

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

...Dormez-vous, dormez-vous... Gee, I think I need a little catching up on my french.
smile.gif

Cricket, I was just thinking she`d make a very good Spirit too, although she`s too American.

I thought she was from China

You know there's an english version of that song

[This message has been edited by Cricket (edited June 19, 2000).]

"Are you sleeping, are you sleeping, Brother John, Brother John?"

Is that it? We had to sing something like that in sixth grade choir.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Spirit is Japanese, Cricket. Trust me - there's a vaaast difference.
smile.gif

I`d be willing to settle for a Chinese playing a Japanese. It`s still better than a French playing a Scottish.
smile.gif

Incidetnally, Did anyone ever mention the fact that Paul Hogan, AKA Crocodile Dundee, would make a great Hunter, wouldn`t he?

No, he wouldn't.
smile.gif

John Rhys-Davies is British and he played Paladin in the games. Nobody seems to make a fuss over that.
wink.gif
Okay, Rhys-Davies did make an attempt at a Scottish accent, though (I still find it curious that he called the Kilrathi the Kil-rahi).

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited June 20, 2000).]

As much as I like John Rhys-Davies, I never really got used to his attempt at a scottish accent. I think the actor that really fit his character the most in the games was Malcolm McDowell. He really did a good Tolwyn.
smile.gif

'Cause he wouldn't. Just because he's Australian, doesn't mean he'd be a good Hunter.
smile.gif

------------------

Hogan would be just a tad too old now, non?

I thought Rhys-Davies was a great Paladin... except he was too fat
biggrin.gif

Well, WC1/2 images were also a problem for me. But heck, Paladin wasn't the only one who changed - they all did. Remember the way Maniac looked at the end of WC2?
smile.gif
Not at all like Tom Wilson.

Quarto: That's what I was thinking. Paul Hogan's getting up there in the years.

Anyway, I didn't have a problem with Rhys-Davies'... corpulence, to put it nicely. Well, my first Wing Commander games were WC4 and 3. Hell, I was ready to flip out the first time I read Freedom Flight and it described Paladin as blonde.
smile.gif

Yeah, but I'm glad they didn't make Tom Wilson look like the Maniac from WC2 (or one of the Special Operations, I'm not sure which). You'd have to admit, it would look a little silly if he had blood-shot eyes and a skull earring.
biggrin.gif

------------------

I guess it all depends on what you played first. Most people here started off with WC3/4/Prphecy. I started with WC1 and 2, so I was used to these images.

Hmm, but those purple eyes could've been interesting
smile.gif

heh heh... for the hardcore antiqe WC fans why not cast Hulk Hogan as Paladin. I was floored by the resemblance when I first turned WC1 on. No idea that hasnt been put forth for the rest of them (except Iceman. Eastwood is about the same age as Iceman looks. Would be a great fit)

Hulk Hogan?
smile.gif

------------------

Back