Who Thinks Angel is hot ? (Both, if you like)

Is Angel Hot (Both)

• Yes: Wing Commander 3 Angel

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Yes: Wing Commander: Movie Angel

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Yes Both

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No Both

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Rotoscope: A style of "animation" where basicly a person shoots live-action and traces animation cells over it. It's horrible.

Look at Bakshi's "Lord Of The Rings" esp when the army of Sauron are marching to Helm's Deep. You can make out it's both too fluid in animation and too roughly drawn. Coloring tends to also jump between 6-10 frames.

Originally posted by LeHah
Look at Bakshi's "Lord Of The Rings"

Or don't! It's generally a good idea to not look at one of the most horrible examples of rotoscope animation ever.... it gets somewhat painful if you don't have someone around to make fun of it to.

Originally posted by TopGun

Who do you guys prefer? Wilma Flintstone or Betty Rubble :D

Both. Together. At the same time.:p

Let me clarify. PRE Pebbles Wilma. Ixnay on the stretch marks and two car garage.

Originally posted by TC
Or don't! It's generally a good idea to not look at one of the most horrible examples of rotoscope animation ever.... it gets somewhat painful if you don't have someone around to make fun of it to.

Well said, TC.

Um...I like her in the games. Sandra Burrows has her moments in the movie, but I don't like her as much in the movie. As for her being hot...well, to be honest I'd hardly thought of her in that regard. If pressed to make a choice, I'd say Mark Hamil is a lucky bloke to be with Yolanda Jilot, not to mention Ginger Lynn.

Originally posted by TopGun
Yeah, I agree with you 2, about the Accent thing, let's face the movie would have been a whole lot better, if they kept it abit true to thr games.

Damn straight. I've ranted a bit about this. I'll repost it here if I may.

A bit of a rant here. I don't like Angel much in the movie. If I was to choose between Sandra Burrows and Yolanda Jilot, I'd go with Jilot. People who've played the game would recognise her better, and I'm sure she would have worked fine as a young Angel. As for how Burrows worked out, well...despite being a bit wooden she was alright. I didn't like how her character was portrayed. She's good in a few scenes...like her first meeting with Blair, and when she wants to kill Maniac, but that's not Angel. No, she believes that "Justice is decided in the court, not with particle cannons." (Yeah, she has a good ten years experiance and wisdom here, but to me it still clashes). Also, her being horrid with everyone because of Bossman was handled wrong in my view. It could have been done so that we feel rather sympathetic. I was when it happened in the game. But it's pulled off wrong here. Apparently, this is how Chris Roberts wanted Wing Commander. Well, he can have it, I'll stick with the games that I enjoy so much, thank you.

Plus she doesn't have the French (well Belgium) charm like in the game. Sandra Burrows was just so...American. Hey, there's nothing wrong with that, but if you were going to look for an actor for a character named Jeanette Devereaux, of Brussel, Belgium, an American actress wouldn't be first on my list.

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
I prefer the cartounish Wc1 Angel than Both Wc3 Angel and WcM Angel.......

Especially the Japanese cartoon one.

I prefer the cartounish Wc1 Angel than Both Wc3 Angel and WcM Angel.......

The Wc2 Angel is like my grandma....

Holy Jesus. She's not is she? Cool.

Originally posted by Darkmage
rofl... wc2 angel actually resembles my mother in quite a lot of ways... scared the crap out of me....

She is a bit like a mother, isn't she?

Originally posted by Wulf
You ain't seen nuthin yet! Look at some hardcore manga anime fans! Whoo boy!

Heh, yeah. I have a feeling the Evangelion one was done by Hideaki Anno himself.

TopGun
1st Lieutenant

I was kinda joking, some Cartoon Females can be DAMN HOT, look at Rogue from the X-Men (the 90's Cartoons, not the C**** Evoulution)

You're right. Have a look at some women in animation and video games.

Originally posted by LeHah
Saffron Burrows is infinitely more attractive than a french woman with a 'fro. There's something universally wrong with that.

(I'd've liked to have seen WC1/2's Angel on this poll as well.)

actually, its supposed to be a belgian accent i believe, and there is a difference trust me

Originally posted by Madman
actually, its supposed to be a belgian accent i believe, and there is a difference trust me

Yeah, she's from Brussels, Belgium, but still you would think she was French if you didn't know.

Is the actor who played Angel in the movie American then? I thought she was some british bird putting on a stupendously well spoken accent (Helen Baxendale in Friends...gah who actually speaks like that?), I think someone misslabeled the accents next to Angel and Paladin on the casting list. And looks wise, I think WC3 Angel was 10x better than the movie girl, and WC2 Angel would be even better if she was real :p

Originally posted by Royal_Marine
Is the actor who played Angel in the movie American then? I thought she was some british bird putting on a stupendously well spoken accent (Helen Baxendale in Friends...gah who actually speaks like that?), I think someone misslabeled the accents next to Angel and Paladin on the casting list. And looks wise, I think WC3 Angel was 10x better than the movie girl, and WC2 Angel would be even better if she was real :p

Well said, Cadet Marine. In descending order, my favourites are:

Yolanda Jilot (hot, but not my type)
Japanese Angel (Japanese artword is diffirent to the others, and it's cool seeing Angel looking like she's fifteen years old)
Leather Jacket Angel (she sure looks like she's wearing a leather jacket in the game booklet to me. Anyway, she looks way cool)
Wing Commander 1 Angel (because it's the first, and the most likeable of the lot)
Wing Commander 2 Angel (even as a sad eyed commanding officer, she's good as a motherly type)
Saffron Burrows (has her moments, but it's just a coincidence her name's Angel)
Super Wing Commander Angel (there's a technical phrase for when this happens. Holy s***)

Originally posted by Starkey
You think WC2 Angel is hotter than Saffron Burrows? :eek:

Not hotter. Better. Saffron Burrows, in my opinion, is second best on my list in those terms. Right behind Jilot. I probably should have said, but the list was from best to worst.

Back