Which Wing Commander game have you played the least?

-danr-

Vice Admiral
Simple question really, which of the main series (excluding Armada, Academy etc) have you spent the least hours of your life on?

For me, it's almost certainly Prophecy - sure I finished it, but I think I've only completed it twice. The feel of the game was nice, but I wasn't keen on how detached the confed fighters had become from the earlier games in the series. Wasn't all that impressed with the storyline, not as intense as fighting the cats.

Likewise, which game have you played the most? I would probably say WC3, unless you count the Secret Missions for WC1 because heaven knows I played SM1 over and over.

I've probably played 4 the least, simply due to the timing of when I got each one. Unless you mean actual play time rather than playthroughs- 4 might take precedence there, if only because of things like ground missions and missile OHKOs....

I would probably say WCP as well. I've perhaps played it through maybe 4 or 5 times. It's not that I have anything really against WCP, I just don't think it grabbed me as much as the earlier games did. I still think WCP and SO are two great games though.

WC2/SO1/SO2 I've played through countless times. When I was younger I just couldn't get enough of it. Privateer is perhaps a very close second.

WC2 for me.
The first time I played any WC game was when I picked up Secret Missions for the SNES. I never really got much of a chance to hit WC2 until I got the Kilrathi Saga.

WC2 is the only one I played through only once.
And I never played Privateer1.

Most played is WC1 or WC3.
For WC1 I even had an if-clause in my autoexec.bat. It booted with the right parameters and started the game, I had to do nothing except choosing "Whack Kilrathi" at startup, instead of "DOS"

Good Times....

WC2

Basically because I had problems slowing it down on my original 486DX4 and then when I got KS, I couldn't destroy the first capship I came across and it pissed me off.

I'm a great fighter pilot, but a lousy bomber pilot :(

As for played the most, WC1 and both SMs without a shadow of a doubt. First on the Amiga, then on KS.
It's easily my favourite WC game.

Secret Ops for me. I felt really detached from that game and have only completed it twice. I think it really suffered from lack of WC style interaction and engrosement.

Most played would definetely be a tie between WC1 and WC2. Both were fantastic games that kept my attention (and remember that when these two games came out I was 8 and 9 respectively) for a long period of time. I loved those games to death.

It was definitely Academy. After putting together a few fun scenarios I ran out of ideas. It was frustrating that they left out the ships I really needed practice fighting against.

Secret Ops. Having played WC3, 4 and Prophecy with movies, SO disappointed me a little.

The most, i have to say WC1 and SM2, because that was all i had when i had my first computer (yes, i had SM2 and i didn't have SM1).

Secret Ops. Having played WC3, 4 and Prophecy with movies, SO disappointed me a little.

The most, i have to say WC1 and SM2, because that was all i had when i had my first computer (yes, i had SM2 and i didn't have SM1).

I played WC2 the most because... well... IT WAS THE BEST ONE! I loved flying off the Concordia with my old Wingmen again. The only thing that could have possibly improved the game was an appearance by the Iceman himself.

I played WC2 the most because... well... IT WAS THE BEST ONE! I loved flying off the Concordia with my old Wingmen again. The only thing that could have possibly improved the game was an appearance by the Iceman himself.
Actually, I think an appearance from Iceman wouldn't have done anything for me. "Hunter" on the other hand would have, he was one of my favs!

Regardless, the only thing that would've made things better in WC2 for me would have been switching Angel and Spirit.

But now we're getting off-topic...

Actually, I think an appearance from Iceman wouldn't have done anything for me. "Hunter" on the other hand would have, he was one of my favs!

Regardless, the only thing that would've made things better in WC2 for me would have been switching Angel and Spirit.

But now we're getting off-topic...

Could you imagine Blair's story if Spirit and Angel had switched roles? Angel had gone nuts in WC2 and flown kamikaze into a Space station, meanwhile Tanaka becomes Blair's 'significant other' and ends up being mauled by Thrak?

Bizzare.

wc III and IV I despised how the ships flew in both games.. so I pretty much just cheat to see the cutscenes.

Yeah, 3 and 4 for me too.

I've spent the most time with either Armada or WC1. I really have no idea which.

I probably played Wing Commander II the least, because I found it to have the worst game play. Wing Commander I or Prophecy I played the most, since I found them to have the best game play. But it's pretty even - most of the time when I get the urge to play Wing Commander I start at the beginning and play them all.

But it's pretty even - most of the time when I get the urge to play Wing Commander I start at the beginning and play them all.

This is the basic reason I started the replay last year. Whenever I get the urge to replay the games I want to start from scratch and work my way to the end. It's so much more enjoyable that way.

Does Privateer count?

Nevertheless, of the main series it was SecretOps (spent countless hours downloading it on a 56,6kbps modem, nevertheless).

Played the least: Academy. I was under the impression that the simulator instructor (and manual writer) was Bluehair himself.

Fave of all time: Wing 2. It's a classic! And better looking that WC3

Played the least: Academy. I was under the impression that the simulator instructor (and manual writer) was Bluehair himself.

I don't think it was him, in the description of "Lightspeed" (one of the wingmen you choose), he says that it was a tribute to his brother: Bryan Lombard.
Or maybe, the name "Blair" wasn't chosen yet.

Back